James X Reader (Pokemon

To be honest this wasn't the way he wanted to greet you after almost a decade of not seeing or talking to each other. But here the two of you were. Across from one another as you protected the twerps and their Pokemon.

"Gardevoir!" You called out as you pointed to the three of them. "Use Psyshock!" Once you said that Garevoir used the move and sent all three of them flying off. You smiled happily at your Pokemon as you praised them for their hard work. "Now!" You said as you clapped your hands together. "How can I help the three of you?" You asked looking at the group.

"Whoa! That was amazing Miss (Name)!" Ash exclaimed as he jumped up and down. "That's a Gardevoir right! Wow! I've never seen one in person!" He whipped out his Pokedex as he pointed it at your Pokemon. As the device explained Gardevoir to Ash May intervened. 

"Do you know where the closest Pokemon Center is?" May asked. 

"If you go straight down that path and take a right there should be a Pokemon center," You tell the girl.

"Thank you so much Miss (Name)!" May called as she grabbed Ash from the back of his shirt and dragged him off as well as Brock to stop him from drooling over you. You and your Gardevoir looked at each other before you both let out  a laugh.

"Shall we go see where those trouble makers went off too?" You asked your Pokemon. They nodded and the two of you started to walk towards the direction you sent the trouble makers.

"I can't believe those twerps were able to beat us again" Jessie complained as she carefully got up. Meowth made a sound of approval as he sat up.

"it's so unfair" He groaned. James let out a small hum of approval as he continued to think of you. You really hadn't changed. You still had the same amount of passion as you did back then, if not more. Jessie and Meowth looked at each other before shrugging and looking at James.

"James are you alright- It's you!" Meowth yelled as he pointed behind James. As he went to turn around he was greeted with a foot to the back of his head.

"So not only do you run off but you left to chase a group of kids and their Pokemon?" You pressed down on your foot and he slouched over more. "I mean how low can you sink?" You asked. Gardevoir loomed closely behind you to protect you from any potential danger. 

"Hey, James... Do you know this gal?" Meowth asked leaning towards the male. He let out a heavy sigh before nodding. He slowly got up as you removed your foot. He turned to look at you before he took a sharp intake of breath.

"(Name).... RUN!" He yelled. He and his friends started booking it into the forest. You crossed your arms and impatiently tapped your arm.

"Gardevoir Teleport please." You said. They nodded and place their hand on you before the two of you emerged in front of James. He skidded to a stop in front of you. "You." You grabbed his ear and glared at him. "You have a lot of explaining to do mister" You growled before you dragged him off. Gardevoir watched as you dragged the male off.

"Well, what do we do?" Jessie asked. Gardevoir shrugged their shoulders before slowly trailing behind you. 

"You just left! And the next time I see you, you're chasing kids AND trying to run away from me!" You yell as you slam your hands on the table. The male flinches, away before he looks shamefully down at his lap. "Well?" You ask as you place your hands on your hips and impatiently tap your foot. "What do you have to say for yourself?" You ask. James looks up at you before he shrugs. 

"Nothing," He says. "I left you and I know that was wrong of me I'm sorry." He says and that's all you need to start shaking. At first, he thinks you're still angry at him but when he sees the tears he's quick to embrace you. "Oh (Name). I'm sorry I left you" He says as he gently pats your hair. You clutch onto his shirt as you let out weak sobs. "Listen" He gently lifts your face up and wipes your tears away. "I can't stay long. I promise you that I'll call you okay?" He says and places a small kiss on your forehead. "My boss is going to kill me if I don't hurry," He says as he gently pulls away. You frown but nod in understanding. "I promise I'll call you," He says before he leaves. His friends, who were sitting outside, followed their friend. Gardevoir stood next to you as they left.

...

"How are you going to call her without her phone number?" Jessie asked before looking over at James, who was now, running in the direction of your house.