Shiro X Reader (Voltron: Legendary Defender)

"(Name), Shiro. Come here" Lance beckoned you two over with his hand. You looked up from the book. You were leaning against Shiro on the couch who was reading a book as well. You placed the book down andgot up. You and Shiro walked up to where Lance was standing. Lance was looking at the two of you with an impish smile. 

"Is everything alright Lance?" Shiro asked. Lance quickly nodded. You took note of Lance's hands that were behind his back, obviously hiding something.

"Yes. Coran actually showed me something and I wanted to show you two. Can you two hold your hands out?" Lance asked. His smile only seemed to grow as both you and Shiro hesitatnly held out your wants. Shiro held out his left hand and you held out your right. Lance let out a sound of success. The two of you flinched when you heard a click. The two of you looked at your wrists and saw things that looked like thick metal bands that had a light blue glow. The two bands were held together with a light blue light. You stared at the, you guessed, handcuffs. You reconized these. Before anyone could form Voltron Coran had used these as a 'bonding exercise'.

"Lance... Why was Coran showing you this?" You whispered in a painful tone, looking at him. Lance huffed and shoved his hands in his pockets. The mischievous grin he had a moment ago melted away into an irritated look.

"Keith and me were fighting and he made us do this as a bonding exercise" He said as he used air quotes on 'bonding exercise'. "I thought I'd help the two of you help bond" He sent Shiro a wink, causing Shiro to blush before glaring at the boy.

"Lance, unlock these handcuffs" Shiro demanded as he held out both of your arms. Lance let out a short, nervous laugh.

"I would if I could but I don't know how" He quickly scampered out of the room before Shiro had the chance to lunge at the boy. He could not believe Lance was doing this to him. He let out a weary sigh. 

"Sorry about this (Name)" Shiro said as he looked over at your smiling form. You gently nudged him with your arm. 

"I don't mind. It won't stay like this forever. For now let's just humor him and roll with this" You tell him as you wave your arm slightly. "Besides maybe this way we can bond." You laugh at you own joke. Shiro smiled endearingly at you.

"Yea..." He said as he watched you laugh. You didn't seem to mind...

Holy shit  did you mind. You could not do this. Your crush was literally handcuffed to you. This is not okay this is definitely not okay. You were dying. What the hell were you supposed to do. When this was done and over you were going to most definitely get Lance back. 

Since Coran and Allura had landed and left the ship to see if they could gather up any supplies you guys would be stuck together until they got back and going out to look for them was not a good idea. The two of you couldn't change into your suits and if the two of you got attacked your movements would be limited. 

During the day, the two of you had bumped into Pidge who seemed more then amused by your situation. She had tried to deactivate it but instead it sent an electric shock through the handcuffs and sent a quick, but painful, shock through the two of you. You didn't let her touch the handcuffs after that.

You bumped into Keith who had suggested using his sword to try and cut the two of you away and you were reluctant, both because you wanted to stay by Shiro and also because you did not trust this boy with a sharp object that was just mere centimeters away from your wrist. 

It didn't end up well so in the end you did have a reason to be nervous.  

He had swun his sword at the two of you and it didn't cut the wire and just caused his sword to bounce back, it cut a little bit of yours and Shiro's hands. Keith apologized relentlesly and you told him it was okay. 

You both decided to just wait until Coran or Allura were back on the ship to deactivate it.

"Alright, alright" You laughed as you looked up at him. "What's the weirdest thing you've seen Lance do?" You asked. Shiro looked away to think before letting out a chuckle before looking down at you.

"One time I walked into the kitchen to see him danceing to some Altean music. He dropped his plate of food when he saw me" Shiro laughed as he remembered the memory. You laughed, shoving your face into your free hand.

"One time I saw Keith singing a Shakira song." You both laughed as you pictured the quiet, stoic boy singing to a Shakira song. You both paused to look at eachother. Shiro slowly caressed your cheek. Despite his hand being connected to yours he still used his human hand. You placed your hand on his. he began to slowly move forward and just before being jolted away from eachother when Coran running into the room.

"Lance said the two of you were bounded together!" He yelled as he looked at the two of you. You smiled and lifted your hand up. 

"Yes we are" You say and he quickly walked towards the two of you. 

"Lance is always causing trouble." Coran tisked as he deactivated the handcuffs and took them. "I remember when I was a little boy. I had respect for people. Never would i have ever-" As Coran began to talk about his 'glory days' you carefully snuck away. You had to gently his your face. Did Shiro just try to kiss you?

There was a knock on your door that caused you to get up from your bed. When the door opened you were surprised to see Shiro standing there. 

"Hey" You said awkwardly. You rubbed your arm nervously. 

"Hi... May I come in?" He asked and you nodded before moving out of the way. The two of you sat on your bed. He looked over at you. "May I try kissing you?" He asked. You looked over to him. Oh gosh, he was blushing. 

"Yes." You say as you smile at him. His movements are slow, he's making sure your comfortable. His arm wraps around your waist pulling you closer, his other one his caressing your cheek. When his lips connect with your own you feel a spark fly. 

This time no one interrupted you.