Dan Cahill X Reader (The 39 Clues)

"They're dead Dan" You say as your head is shoved into your hands. "My parents are dead. I have no one. Where am I going to go?" You weep. Dan frowns and slowly reaches out to grab your hand.

"Calm down (Name). You can stay with me and Amy!" He said trying to cheer you up. "You don't need to cry (Name). We'll help you through this" He says. Amy stepped up smiling at you.

"Yea! Once you get all healed up you can just move in with us!" Amy chimes trying to get you to smile. You look up tears streaming down your face. You turn away from them and pull the blankets ver yourself. Amy and Dan send a sympathetic look between them.

"we'll... We'll come back tomorrow (Name)" Dan says before him and Amy move to walk out of the door.

When you were finally out of the hospital Amy and Dan dragged you to their house. Dan had dragged you up to your room and pushed you in.

"Look (Name)! I remember how you said your favourite colour is (F/C) so we painted our extra room (F/C)!" Dan said jumping up and down. "Do you like it? Do you??" He asked excitingly. You glanced at him before nodding and dragging the rest of your stuff in before falling down onto your bed. 

You were like taht for days. You would just lay on your bed in the complete darkness. You would reject any food that they would give you. You were starting too look pale. A little too pale for Dan and Amy's liking so one day when Amy left Dan decided to do something. He pushed your door open before flipping the light on. You made a noise of disagreement before Dan grabbed hold of you and dragged you down stairs. 

"Dan. I want to go back to sleep. Leave me alone" You say as you try to walk back to your room but Dan sits you down on the couch.

"You need to eat first and spend some time in the light" He says as he grabs some food and a glass of water from the kitchen and places it in front of you. "And you have to play at least one video game with me." He says with a smile. You roll your eyes at him and you quickly finish your food and wash your hands before you're dragged off. 

You do not try at first. You just sit there and button mashing but as time wears on Dan continues to send you small pouts.

"Come on (Name)! You're got to atleast tryyyy" He whines and you once again your your eyes at him before you finally beat him. With little to no effort. Around the fith time he lost he muttered something under his breath. It was like a sarcastic joke but that was all ne needed to make you do something that he truly missed.

You laughed.

A small stupid joke that he did not even find funny made you laugh and he can not help but grin watching you cover your mouth and giggle looking away from him. For the rest of the day he continues to make comments that make you laugh. Amy is more than surprised when she comes home to find you laughing and Dan's stupid jokes being the cause of that.