Hades and the Dryad Part 2

AN:

Description: same as before you might need a refresher lol

TWO: mentions of death

. .  . .

The Underworld was exactly what you'd expect but at the same time it was completely different. Phil appreciated the fact that Mama by My Chemical Romance was playing in the elevator. When they exited, they were met with a long, dark corridor.

"So, you live down here?" Phil asked, attempting to make some sort of conversation as they walked down the corridor.

"Yep," Dan responded, pushing open the large doors to reveal a... field? It was dark with trees scattered every so often but it was definitely a field.

"Um?"

"This is the fields of Asphodel," Dan responded, seeing Phil's confusion.

"Fun."

"This is where most people go."

"Oh, cool." Phil glanced back to see that they had exited from another completely solid rock.

"I'll give you the full tour some other time but let's go to my house, I guess."

Phil nodded and followed Dan.

After a few minutes of walking, a booming bark rattled Phil's bones. A huge three-headed dog bounded toward them, shaking the ground.

Phil took a step back but Dan ran forward.

"Cerberus!" Dan cheered as the dog licked him, which was an odd sight because Cerberus' tongue was the size of Dan. Cerberus shrunk so he was about the size of a husky and jumped up on Dan. "Hey!"

Cerberus turned to Phil and barked again.

"Cerberus!" Dan said. "It's okay, he's with me."

Cerberus yipped ad jumped on Phil, knocking him over. Phil gasped in surprise before he began to laugh as Cerberus licked his face.

"Cerberus!" Dan scolded, moving the dog and helping Phil up. "Aw, geez, sorry, Phil. Cerberus is a little excitable.

"It's fine," Phil said as he laughed.

"Here," Dan said, picking up what looked to be a human femur. "Fetch!" Dan threw the stick and Cerberus turned and bounded after it. "C'mon," Dan said, grabbing Phil's hand. They ran off to the huge, dark castle that loomed above him.

. . . .

"Oh no," A voice said causing Phil to open his eyes. A grim reaper-esque figure stood in front of him, clipboard in hand. "Dan's not gonna like this."

"What?" Phil asked, confused.

"Oh, right. Hello, I'm Thanatos. Nice to meet you. You're dead."

"What?!"

Thanatos, aka Death himself, pointed behind Phil causing him to whirl around and look at his tree.

"What happened?!" Phil gasped but as he reached out to touch the tree, his hand when right through it. The tree was dying or already dead.

"Someone had it out for you."

"Why?!"

Thanatos shrugged.

"B-but I don't have a soul! How am I-?"

"My guess? It's Dan."

"Wha-?"