Connected Rooms

AN: 

Prompt: This came from a photo prompt that had two ledges come off of two different houses and bump right up against one another but I can't find the prompt so here I guess

TW: none 

. .  . .

Phil leaned back on the window frame as he sat outside of his room on the roof. A large moving truck pulled up in front of his neighbors house and the loud noise caused him to glance in that direction. An unfamiliar middle aged couple climbed out of the truck and entered the house. Two teenagers followed behind just a few moments after.

The boy went inside first, he must have been about Phil's age, maybe younger. He had curly brown hair. He wore white jeans, a soft purple sweater and matching flower crown and a black backpack on his back. With his soft features, he was gorgeous.

The girl trailed behind the boy but she seemed to be the exact opposite. She had wavy blonde hair with blue streaks and wore ripped jeans, a leather jacket and a Fall Out Boy shirt. She actually seemed to dress in a style similar to Phil.

The only thing that gave away that the two were even remotely related was their matching annoyed and frustrated expressions. The two trudged in the door of the house next door and not a few minutes later the boy appeared in the room across from Phil.

Phil quietly wondered if he should go back inside but before he could, the boy spotted him and opened his window with a smile.

"Hi!" the boy said, cheerfully. His whole attitude had changed since his walk in.

"Uh, hi," Phil said. "Are you moving in?"

"Yes, we are. I'm Dan. It's nice to meet you."

Phil gave Dan a slight smile, "I'm Phil. The same to you, I suppose."

"Dan!" A voice called from inside Dan's house.

"Oh, that's my sister, Em. I gotta go."

"Um, bye," Phil responded as Dan shut his window and disappeared into his house. Phil shook his head in confusion before climbing back through his window and into his room.

. .  . .

"Phil!" a familiar voice shouted. Phil turned around, confused as to why anyone would be calling after him at school. Dan quickly caught up to Phil with a smile.

"Oh, hey, Dan," Phil greeted.

"Hi. I don't mean to bother you but I was just wondering if you knew where Mr. Roth's room is perhaps?" Dan asked hopefully.

"I sure do. It's on my way, I'll walk you if you want," Phil offered.

"Yes, please," Dan muttered in relief.

. .  . .

Phil stretched out, careful of the edge of his roof and buried his nose in the book he was reading. He quickly glanced up to see Dan bustling around his room in search of something. After a moment, Dan looked over at Phil and smiled lightly while Phil waved.

"Is that safe?" Dan asked as he pushed opened his window.

"What? Sitting on the room right outside of my bedroom window where no one knows where to look for me? Probably not," Phil replied.

"I know where to look for you," Dan offered.

"See, I'm safer already," Phil reasoned.