50 Boxes of Cake Mix

AN: 

Dialouge Prompt: "I have 50 boxes of cake mix, we need to start making cakes ASAP. Where are you?" "I think you got the wrong number but count in anyway, it sounds like fun?" 

. . .

Dan pushed himself out of his sofa crease and stretched out, slowly standing. He grabbed his phone and walked into the kitchen, his eyes scanning the room before he noticed the time.

"Oh," he muttered to himself, "that's why I'm so hungry. I can't believe it's ten already." He was searching the cabinets for some food when his phone started ringing. The noise blared, causing him to jump. He checked the id and, seeing an unknown number, he shrugged and answered anyway.

"Hel-"

"I have 50 boxes of cake mix, we need to start making cakes ASAP. Where are you?" a familiar voice interrupted.

"I think you got the wrong number but count me in anyway. It sounds like fun?"

"Oh! Sorry! Who's this?"

"Erm, Dan."

"Dan Howell?"

"Yes?" Dan said, slightly surprised.

"We go to school together! It's Phil Lester!"

Dan froze, blushing wildly, "Oh, hi, Phil." Dan knew Phil, not well, but he knew him. Phil was in the grade above Dan and the boy was a punk definitely contrasting Dan's own pastel look. Dan's friend group knew the punk as Dan's crush.

"Were you joking about wanting to help? 'Cause I could use all the help I can get."

"No, I mean, yeah, I think it sounds like fun."

"So, you'll help?"

"Uh, sure."

"Awesome! Thanks. I'll come pick you up. What's your address?"

Dan told his address to Phil who quickly wrote it down.

"Okie dokie. I'll be over in about ten minutes."

"Okay," Dan said as the line went dead.

He quickly dashed up the stairs, changing and fixing his hair before brushing his teeth and writing a quick note to his family, who were out at some dinner for something. He slid on his shoes and grabbed his phone and jacket before running out the door.

"Hullo!" Phil chirped as Dan got in his car. Phil was dressed in a t-shirt and black jeans with only a leather jacket to keep him warm. They drove to presumably Phil's house. 

"Why are you making 50 cakes anyway?" Dan asked, curiously.

"Oh yeah," Phil laughed. "It's stupid but my birthday's coming up and I'm inviting my whole grade so I'm making cupcakes."

Dan raised an eyebrow, "Phil, I think you're gonna have way too many cupcakes."

Phil laughed again, "Yeah, but I know we have some kids have a gluten allergy or are lactose intolerant or both."

Dan nodded, "I don't think that's stupid. You just want everyone to be included."

"Exactly. Anyway, so I did a poll thingy to find out allergies and who prefers vanilla or chocolate. I have to make mostly regular chocolate and vanilla but I also have to make one chocolate and one vanilla batch of lactose free and the same for gluten free and a chocolate batch of lactose and gluten free."

"You're still gonna have a lot of leftovers."

"Yeah. Oh, you're invited, too. You don't have to come if you don't want to but you're invited."

"Me?" Dan asked incredulously.

"Yeah, I mean, it'd be rude to not invite you when you're helping out and I think you're pretty cool."

Dan blushed, "Thanks."

"So, do you think you'll come?"

"I-I dunno. I mean, I would but parties aren't really my scene."

Phil laughed, "Yeah, me neither. I'm not forcing you to or anything. It was just a suggestion. It'd be fun with you there."

Dan's heart soared and he moved his face up to look at Phil so quickly that his flower crown fell slightly, "You think so?"

Phil smiled at Dan lovingly, "Of course."  

. . .

AN: 

Done! It might need a sequel though

I'm just gonna sit here and giggle about stupid stuff because that seems to be all I did today. 

I took out my wand (okay, I'm not making a joke, I have a literal wand pen that I got for Christmas) at lunch, pointed at my friend and said "Obliviate, that means you have no memory." And at this point, he had a mouthful of chicken and looked me dead in the eye and said "Who the ef are you?" But he actually said it and we both burst out laughing. 

Dodie's new song yep yep 

Also three Dan and Phil vids in one week! Yay! 

Anyway, I'm off! 

"Pasta is good, life is sad" -Dodie Clark, 2016

I love you all! Have fun! 

-Nerdie