Cat Whiskers

AN: 

Soulmate Tattoo AU

TW: None ^-^

. . .

Dan awoke on the morning of his sixteenth birthday with the unmistakable feeling of his baby sister jumping on his chest.

"Danny! Danny!" the six-year-old shouted happily. "Happy birthday!"

Dan sat up and smiled lightly at the girl, rubbing his eyes. "Hey, Emmy," he muttered.

"It's your birthday!" Em exclaimed, grinning widely, revealing her missing tooth. "You're sixteen! That means you got your tattoo!"

You see, in Dan's world, at the age of sixteen a tattoo would appear on the person's skin. The only person with the same tattoo was their soulmate. Dan had been patiently, or not so patiently, waiting for his.

Dan ruffled Em's hair, seeing her excitement, "Yup!"

"I can't wait til I get mine! You're so lucky!"

Dan excitedly searched his arms before his eyes landed on his left wrist. He took in a sharp intake of breath at the black cat whiskers.

Em's eyes widened in surprise before a large smirk covered her lips, "Erm, Danny? Doesn't Phil have cat whiskers on his right wrist?"

Dan's face turned bright red, "N-no-"

"I was sent up because you two were taking too long," Phil announced, entering the room. Phil was Dan's best friend who'd gotten his tattoo about two years ago. "Happy birthday, Dan."

Dan and Em turned towards Phil, Dan looking sheepish and Em looking as if she'd just won a million pounds.

"What? Do you recognise the tattoo are something? Why do you look so scared?"

"Well..." Em said.

"It's nothing!" Dan said quickly.

"Okay," Phil said, slightly suspicious but he let it go. "Anyway, can I see your tattoo?"

"I, uhhhh, I don't-"

"Aw, c'mon, Danny!" Em said.

Dan blushed and glared at his sister. He quickly flipped over his arm to reveal the tattoo.

Phil's eyes widened in surprise. A quiet 'oh' escaped his lips. Phil blushed slightly. "I'm sorry," he muttered quietly. 

"What are you sorry for?" Dan asked, neither of the boys noticed Em who'd slipped out of the room.

"I just- I'm sure you don't want to be my soulmate and-"

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't I? You're my best friend!"

"Yeah but you don't like me like that."

"Are you saying you don't like me like that?"

"No."

"I never said I didn't like you in that way."

Phil looked up, slightly confused. "You mean-"

Dan blushed, "Yeah, I've liked you for awhile."

"Why didn't you say so?!" Phil exclaimed happily.

"I thought you didn't think of me like that."

"You're blind," Phil announced.

"Says you!" Dan said and suddenly their lips collided. Dan could get used to this.

. . .

AN:

Guys! We hit 2k yesterday!! *throws confetti* 

Okay so I really wanna do a QandA with me and the characters but I need some Qs. I only have one. Okay so you guys can just comment here and if nesessary say which character and oneshot. If you don't specify, I'm just gonna guess its for me. 

Anywho, tenth grade is really kicking my butt so I'm afriad there will be a little less updates but I'll try my best to update when I can! 

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C. S. Lewis 

Dude, same, 'cept for the tea thing. I don't like tea. I like the smell tho. 

I love you all and wish you the greatest of luck for everything!! 

-Nerdie