Shy Punk, Bold Pastel

AN:

Prompt above!

. . .

Phil silently cursed himself as he dropped his keys in front of his crush, Dan. Dan Howell was also the extremely attractive owner of the flower shop next door. Today the pastel wore his normal clothes but somehow Phil always made a fool of himself in front of him. The punk grabbed his keys, stood up, and then walked into his tattoo parlor.

. . .

The punk dashed out of his shop trying to get to the only flower shop he knew of before he could buy flowers for his mother's birthday and head back to his parents' house.

"Hi, Phil," Dan greeted as he entered flashing the punk a lopsided smile which made Phil's insides meld.

"H-hi, Dan, a-are you closing up yet? D-do I have enough t-time to buy some flowers?" Phil stuttered.

"Sure," Dan said adjusting the flower crown that sat atop his brown curls which he'd forgotten to flat-iron that morning. "What flowers would you like?"

"W-well, her favorite flowers are, u-uh, I think they're chrysanthemums."

Dan's smile faltered for a moment before he nodded, "Yeah, I think I just got a shipment of those yesterday!" He turned to get some.

"Th-thanks, I totally forgot that my mum's birthday was today."

Dan smiled, "Just chrysanthemums, right?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Well, it's a good thing I'm here, right?" Dan said arranging the flowers.

"Y-yeah."

"There you go," Dan said passing the flowers to Phil.

"Th-thanks. Erm, D-dan?"

"Yep?"

"D-did it hurt when you fell f-from Tennessee?"

Dan smiled again, resting his elbow on the counter, "What?"

"I-I mean, uh, shhhine a light- uh-"

Dan laughed at Phil's awkwardness and adorableness, "Phil, would you like to go out for dinner sometime?"

Phil blushed before nodding, not trusting himself to open his mouth. He'd been trying to romance Dan for as long as he could remember and all it took was for him to botch up one pickup line?

. . .

AN:

Yay! Sorry for not updating, I've had some terrible writer's block on many of my stories (sadly includin the sequel of Panic! in the classroom so hopefully I'll write that soon) but I need to work on something for school so I decided to procrastinate and update most of my stories.

Also, I've begun to do a new thing where I'll post a quote at the end of every chapter so look out for that!

"'Happily ever after, or even just together ever after, is not cheesy,' Wren said. 'It's the noblest, like, the most courageous thing two people can shoot for.'" -Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

Love you all! <3

-Nerdie <(^.^)>