The Pictures

"Johnny!" Nell gasped in surprise watching him smile widely at her as he placed his suitcase in the doorway. "You're home!" she squealed excitedly rushing over to him and swinging her arms tightly around his waist to greet her ever loving step father. "Hello sweetheart" he smiled kissing the top of her head and pulling her in tighter. Helena smiled carrying in the rest of his belongings and placed them at the bottom of the staircase.

"How comes you didn't tell us he was coming back mum?" Nell said turning her head slightly in her mothers direction, still holding Johnny very close.

"I didn't know darling, he surprised me too" Helena turned from placing the bags down to smile at the pair of them before hearing Billy's quick footstep hurry down the stair case "You're back!" he cheered reaching the bottom step and stopping suddenly as if debating whether to hug him or not, which Johnny was quick to pick up on.

"You too grown up to give me a hug?" he laughed seeing as Billy shook his head and rushed over to embrace the man he secretly missed having around. Johnny was not only a father figure but also a friend.

Hugging the pair of them He smiled at Helena and watched as she walked towards them. "There has been someone else missing you an awful lot" she whispered noticing Anne heading up the hallway with a sleepy Rose in her arms. It was 6 clock into the evening and therefore nearly Rose's bedtime, so no wonder she was yawning.

Billy and Nell let go of Johnny and watched him smile lovingly as he stotted his little girl.

"Look Rose" Anne whispered causing her to lift her tired head and pull out her thumb she had been sucking. Her eyes widened and her mouth tugged quickly into a sleepy smile as she noticed her daddy.

"Dadddddyyyy" Anne was quick to put her gently on the ground to which she didn't hesitate to run as fast as he small legs would carry her until she was lifted up into her daddy's strong arms where she instantly broke out in fits of happy sobs. "daddy" she gushed tightening her arms round his neck and crying happily now she was reunited with him.

"Oh baby to cry" he laughed bobbing her up and down and stroking her back soothingly with his hand. "I've missed you sweet pea" he said holding her so close and pressing a sweet kiss to her warm chubby cheek being careful not to knock her nasal cannula in the process. "I've missed you too" she continued to cry hugging him so tight at if her life depended on it.

Helena smirked at the pair of them before walking towards them and placing her hand softly on the back of her head before pressing her own lips to her temple. "Come on sweetie dry those tears"

Wiping her own eyes Rose lent back a little to look at her daddy smiling lovingly at her. "Don't go again daddy" she pouted sadly not to mention tiredly as she placed her hand gently to his slightly stubbled cheek. "I wont baby I missed you to much" with this he kissed her again this time on the forehead and chuckled when she yawned a little. "Do you want me to tuck you in bed?"

Nodding, she tiredly leant her head to his shoulder running her arms back round his neck.

"Johnny can we go watch a movie tonight?" Billy whispered excitedly seeing Nell nod her head too with the same enthusiasm. It was only 5 past 6, and the night was still young after all. 

"Oi you two he's only just got in let him rest" Helena chuckled ruffling Billy's hair and pulling him to her side to kiss the top of his head.

"We can go if you want, I'm not too tired" he said making the pair of them light up with smiles. Helena raised an eyebrow at him knowing far to well he was. She was aware that he only wanted to impress the children and make them happy. But he was jet lagged and not only that she was looking forward to a nice quiet evening snuggling up to him and drifting off to sleep....