Hate Desire

"Mummy!"

Helena perked up from staring down at Little Rose fast asleep in her arms as they sat together on a rocking chair in the nursery. She couldn't call back in worry that she would wake up Rose and therefore she waited for Nell to come rushing into the nursery with a very grumpy and unhappy look on her sweet little face.

"What is it dear?" she asked frowning when Nell crossed her arms and pouted stubbornly by the doorway of her sister's nursery.

"Billy isn't sharing the remote to the TV! nanny is busy making dinner and I want to watch my program before she calls us into eat" she explained in her whinny voice very much like Helena's when she got upset about something. "It's not fair!" she stomped her foot on the ground in annoyance before throwing her hands to her small hips. The sight of her worked up daughter was kind of adorable in Helena's eyes and for that she could only smile a little at her before chuckling a little.

"It's not funny mum, i'll miss the wildlife show i've waited for" she continued to pout and for that alone Helena couldn't help the giggles as she placed Rose carefully in her cot.

"Darling, if Billy had the remote first you can't..."

"No! I did!" she raised her voice only being shushed abruptly as Helena was worried that Rose would wake. "you both need to learn to share, darling if he's watching something now let him finish it and you can watch your program later alright?" Helena finished still tucking Rose in while Nell huffed by the door.

"But the show will start soon..."

"Then get nanny Anne to show you how to recored it sweetheart...I have to ring a few people now before it gets too late into the evening, Johnny should be home soon so he could help you" with this Nell walked off in a slight strop to which Helena could only roll her eyes. She reminded her so much of herself it was scary.

After about an hour talking to her mother and her agent Helena was finally happy to end her final call before checking on Rose again who still remained sound asleep in her cot. She was so bloody cute she just wanted to reach in and squeeze her. Her brown hair was showing through more now and she was getting bigger by the day. The smile never left Helena's lips as she looked at her little sleeping beauty.

"Stupid! bloody! buggering..." The sudden banging and heavy footsteps coming up the stairs caused Helena to rush out of the nursery where she saw Johnny cursing angrily down the hallway before throwing the door wide open to their bedroom without so much as glancing in her direction. Walking down the hallway Helena reached their bedroom and noticed him throwing down his leather jacket on the bed before letting his body collapse against the soft mattress with his hands covering his face.

"What's happened?"

Removing his hands from his tired face Johnny sat up on the end of the bed slowly and sighed heavily at her question before he found her sitting beside him and running her dainty hand up and down his back soothingly. "Sweetie tell me" she whispered cupping the back of his neck as he finally looked at her.

Her eyes were full of concern and her eyebrows knotted together as he seemed to remain quiet. "Nothing for you to worry about" he said through a small smile as he patted her knee and kissed her cheek.

"Tell me" she pushed her eyes never so serious as they were now.

"It's just work, bad day you could say..." he halfheartedly explained even though things on set were becoming heated. He couldn't tell her he was close to losing his job because of the time he has been having off but then he felt bad for keeping it all to himself and not allowing her to know. He just didn't want her worrying not only that he knew if she found out just how bad things were she would make him go. He couldn't leave her alone yet, she may be better now and even healthier then last week when they had their park date with the children but even so, he knew he should be with her.