Filming

The small knock at the door made Helena frown through the darkness of her room. It was late and she was just finally drifting of to sleep after going over every painful detail of what had happened earlier in her trailer with Johnny. She had not seen or spoken to anyone since their argument. She simply returned home late from work and went straight to her room without anything to eat or drink. She wasn't hungry and certainly wasn't in any mood to have to talk to anyone.

The knock came again at the door followed by a small voice calling her "Mummy can I come in please" it sounded like Billy. Her heart went out to him, she had practically ignored her children within these last couple of days and for that alone she felt guilty to have shut them out. "Come in" she called back quietly.

As soon as the door opened Billy wasted no time in shutting the door behind him and running over to his mums bed before getting inside next to her and snuggling down tight in her arms. Helena held him close and kissed his head while running her fingertips through his soft hair. "I wanted to check that you were alright" he whispered making Helena feel as if she would cry again after hearing him say those words. She was anything but alright, her heart was aching for the man she thought loved her and her secret she had from the world seemed to make her even more ill then she felt.

"I'm sorry I haven't seen you or Nell sweetheart, I really am sorry" he heard her whisper while feeling himself being pulled in tighter to her body. Billy looked up at his mum, he could see the sadness in her eyes even though it was very dark in her bedroom. "I know" was all he could say as he stared into her eyes that seemed to turn slightly confused at what he meant "What do you mean you know?" she asked softly confused how that made sense with the last thing she had just said.

"I know what Johnny did to you mum" he said making her tense slightly beside him. 

"How? how did you find out...does Nell know too?" he could hear the slight panic in her voice the worry that news was beginning to travel fast now about her second failed relationship that the world would surely know about soon. "I overheard you talking to nanny Anne...and no Nell doesn't have a clue" Helena felt relieved at least that Nell hadn't found out yet even though she was beginning to ask questions about when Johnny would be home. "You eavesdropped?" he knew far to well he had been told off in the past for doing this and even Billy could tell she was slightly frustrated for having listened in on a private conversation.

"I'm sorry, but I had to know why you have been so down, I was just worried" he explained hugging her again tightly and smiling into her chest as he felt her kiss his head. "I love you mum" he whispered feeling her stroke his hair with her fingertips again "I love you too darling....is that all you heard..." Helena asked as breezily as she could, she would hate if he was to know about her secret the very secret she had told nanny Anne that very afternoon.

Billy slowly sat up in the bed beside her and looked at his mum letting her no all to well that he was in on what she had been hiding. He knew it was all to clear in his eyes "oh Billy" she whispered reaching out for his hand as his tears began to trickle down his face.

 "I'll be alright I promise..." Helena tried to comfort him even as he looked at her with so much worry in his eyes. "But....what if it happens again like last time" Billy sniffled sadly as he looked into his mothers sad and knowing eyes. She knew exactly what he meant and if she was telling the truth it scared her too. With her condition she would be very fragile and what was most important was that she put her health first before anything or anyone.

"I'll be fine..." was all Helena could respond as Billy continued to cry softly into her arms it was clear he was upset not only about her secret she had been hiding but the fact that Johnny had gone back on his word to protect and love his mum like he had hoped he would. He was disappointed, Johnny was just as bad as his father now and Billy would certainly not forgive him for the pain he was putting his poor mum though.