Carter

"You want more time?" Allen Hughes stared blankly at his leading man sat in the seat opposite his desk. 

Johnny had just finished explaining to him about his wife condition in resulting to therefore needing this time right now to be with her. However, the film 'From Hell' was already up and running, scenes were already being shot, casting was already done and budget was already tight considering they already had to put filming on hold for the last few week while Johnny hadn't been available.

Clearing his throat awkwardly Johnny shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he gave a small nod at his director for this movie.

"Do you have any idea what you're asking here Depp? We're already pushing it with management by the skin of our teeth!" Allen explained losing his patience slightly and slamming down a few contract papers onto his table as he stood up to pour himself a glass of water.

"I know, look I'm sorry Helena is in such a critical condition at the moment and...."

"Johnny I've seen it on the news I know how your wife is on tender hooks and my deepest sympathy goes with you....But we can't keep putting this movie on hold just for you, it's costing far to much" He said firmly finally gulping down the glass of water and sighing as soon as he placed the glass on his desk.

"Make this work Johnny, the contracts have already been signed, I too need you for my movie" Allen added before sitting back down in his desk chair, looking the famous actor dead in the eyes "Make it work...." he repeated watching Johnny simply run a hand over his tired features before getting up and leaving his office with not so much as a sound.

Johnny wanted this part. Wanted it bad as it was all he had in the way of work over here in London. He needed this, but then at the end of the day he would rather not continue with the filming if it meant he couldn't help his wife, Helena came first like everything in his life. She was the most important.

——————

Nell sat leaning her head on her brothers shoulder as they sat with Nanny Anne in the waiting room of the hospital. Rose had been crying for a good half hour now in Anne's arms and for that reason alone Nell could only frown hard against her brothers shoulder at the piercing and annoying screeching coming from their baby sister. The 4 of them had already seen Helena although she was still unconscious due to the syringe injected from her all those hours ago. But still just being with their mum after school was better then nothing even if she wasn't awake yet.

"Whhhhaaaa!" Rose cried loudly still while Anne desperately tried to quieten her down and get her back off to sleep. "Shhhh" she continued to hush the little girl gently patting on her nappy padded bottom to settle her.

"Why is she crying?" Billy too was becoming a little irritated now as he looked over at his crying sister.

"I dont know sweetheart, I've just fed her so it can't be that, maybe she misses her daddy" Anne said and as if on cue Johnny entered the room they were all sitting in only to see their glum faces as Rose balled her eyes out.

"Hey...whats all this?" Johnny rushed over to take Rose into his own arms cradling her tight against his chest as he bobbed up and down with his tried little girl. "Shhshhh" he tried soothing her his lips pressed against her tiny forehead only smiling a little when her cries seemed to clam down. "There's a good girl, it's alright, daddy's here princess" he whispered kissing her damp little cheek now she seemed to relax.

Anne smiled at Johnny she knew Rose must have been missing him and for that all she could do was smile now that he was here.

"Have you seen her?" He asked still bobbing Rose softly up and down in his arms.