Works every time

With bated breath Helena watched Diana closely as she sipped at her large glass of orange juice. They were seated in a small little restaurant on the outskirts of London where they decided to have lunch together. After explaining what happened with Dominic to her friend she was now waiting anxiously to hear what Diana had to say about all this. She was her friend, her good friend and for that she needed to hear from her that what she did was, well not that bad?

Looking at Diana's unreadable face Helena let out a sharpe breath as she placed down her glass "Oh Di please say something" she sighed looking around anxiously as people around surrounding them on their tables laughed and clinked glasses together filling the awkward atmosphere. Baby Rose was seated in her pram next to their table chewing on some plastic toy of hers.

Clearing her throat as this all processed Diana looked at Helena sadly "You kissed Dominic?" she clarified causing Helena to sigh again and sip at her drink as if her throat had suddenly gone dry.

"I was drunk, Di listen I know that's no excuse but I swear to you Dominic came onto me at the party, Johnny had warned me and now hearing his history with Dominic it only makes it worse!" she explained quickly losing her shit a little and covering her hands over her tired face attracting a little attention to them from other couples at different tables.

Smiling awkwardly at the staring face Diana reached forward to pull her hands from her face which she did and could see how sad her friend was looking at her. "It's ok, you didn't know Johnny's past since last week and so really you shouldn't be putting yourself down, you weren't to know Helena..."

Taking in a deep breath Helena could feel tears spring to her eyes. she felt so hopeless, Johnny hadn't spoken to her at all since he explained what had happened to him all that time ago. It had been a week, well a week and a few days and they hadn't really spoken properly to each other. They would gather for a meal with the children at the end of the day and would engage with the kids passing the odd word between them but still things were awful. Johnny was still sleeping on the sofa downstairs and refused to speak about anything to do with that night and Dominic, he said what he had to say had witnesses all and therefore was obviously trying to move on from it.

"He wont even talk to me, we talk to one another when the children are around but that's it I've tried Di I really have but it's so hard" she refused to let the tears fall and Diana could see she was holding back to remind strong.

"I don't know what to do" she breathed looking sadly at Rose next to her before removing the plastic toy from her mouth and wiping the slight dribble from her chin with the napkin from their table.

"Is he sill sleeping downstairs?"

"Yes, and then every time I'm up and come down he's already working on set before I get the chance to see him and then it's the same every night, he comes in sit's with Rose or plays with Billy and Nell and then falls to sleep" reverting her gaze back to her friend Helena leaned back in her wicker chair and sighed again.

"Nanny Anne is still on holiday so in the evenings I'm still the one cooking, meaning less time I have to try and chat to my husband about all this and like I say when we all sit to eat there's hardly any moment when it's not awkward and I know the kids are feeling it too, I just can't put them through this again" rambled quickly again turning heads as she ranted. 

"Hellie, take a deep breath and calm down you're going to pass out if you're not careful" Diana said watching as her friend opposite seemed to ramble on as if she was having a nervous breakdown.

"You've got to talk to him"

"I cant!"

"Well you have to try!" Diana looked around as yet again people in the restaurant began to stare again. They were creating a scene and for that she could only smile awkwardly again at the weirdos who seemed to be listening in on their conversation.