Two parties under one roof

Looking at his watch impatiently Johnny sighed again before running his hand over his face tiredly. The borderm was not only getting to him but to Nell and Billy too as they waited for their mother to come out in yet another dress. They had been sitting in what Johnny only perceived was the 'viewing room' of this huge dress shop they were in. Helena had been adamant about the fact that she wanted to make an effort tonight, deep down she just didn't want to look old and boring in front of the 20 year olds that would most definitely be there at this do.

After announcing that she wanted to take a look around the shops both Billy and Nell had jumped up saying that they wanted to come too. Helena had therefore turned to Johnny asking if he too wanted to join them and at the time it seemed like a nice trip out but he never realised just how picky she was about clothes. In his mind everything she came out in looked fine and most of the times she would just scoff and continue changing into something else. Both Billy and Nell had settled for visiting the candy shop next door as they were beginning to get tired of seeing their mum turn down every dress she tried on. Billy just didn't understand why she hadn't picked one already. It was just a dress after all.

Now sitting alone in the 'viewing room' Johnny checked his watched yet again only noticing that one minute had passed since the kids up and left. Baby Rose was sleeping peacefully in her pram next to him and he smiled sweetly at her adorable little face as she slept so beautifully.

"Ok" Helena huffed as she finally came out of the changing room running her hands down her hips in a lovely dark red evening dress that was very plain yet very pleasing to the eye as it showed of just enough skin that made her look incredibly sexy yet not like a tart.

Twirling around slowly and showing off the tight fitted dress Helena placed her hands on her hips and smiled "Well?"

At this stage Johnny could only nod. This was probably like the 28th dress she tried on and to be fair his interest from the beginning had now gone, not the he would show her that. "Yes I like it" he said as enthusiastically as he could hoping to god she would just pick that one and go. "Hmmm" she narrowed her eyes on him knowing to well he was just saying yes to anything now. At the beginning he was helpful and gave opinions and now he was just being a hopeless man.

"Where have the kids gone?" she asked frowning slightly at him. 

"They went next door to pick up some candy" he answered watching as she nodded before she began checking herself out in the mirror that was displayed on the wall beside where he was sitting. "I still don't know" she mumbled under her breath as she adjusted the straps. Johnny had to try not to bite, was she being serious? was she really being this picky?

"I've got one more...and I want your honest opinion ok?" she said rushing off back to get changed into yet another bloody dress. Placing his fingers to the side of his temple Johnny had to try not to lose his sanity here. Any minute this chair he was sitting in was sure to leave an imprint of his bum considering he had been sat their for the last hour. Tapping his fingers against his mouth Johnny watched as she came out in what could only be perceived as the most hideous thing he had ever seen. It was long and looked slightly tattered it had material coming out from every angle and did nothing for her figure at all.

"This one?" she asked watching him closely.

Johnny faked a smile and nodded. "Yep...I think we found it" he said watching as her face scowled at him.

"That was a test and you just failed, this is awful how could you say yes to such a thing?" she moaned her hands flying to her hips as she looked at him sitting their with nothing but a fed up look on his bored face. "Hel, I don't give a shit what you wear, you could go in a bin bag and you would still look fine" somewhere in there was a compliment she knew that but right now she was too annoyed by the fact he didn't care.