#24 Cas - Part 1: Singing in a prayer

Y/N p.o.v:

You woke up to an empty bunker. This happened a lot lately. Sam and Dean would be gone. Cas. Cas lost contact with you and the brothers. You haven't heard from him in a long time. You miss him. He's like your best friend. He said he'd always come when you call. But he wouldn't answer your prayers. You tried and tried to get him to. He just ignored them. Yet, you continued to try. You wrote a song that explained how you were feeling. Sam and Dean were out on a hunt, so it was okay to sing. You went to your room and got out your guitar that you've had since you were little. You sat on your bed and started to play.
"Hey there, Castiel. Well, I am sure you've heard me calling. You're a thousand miles away, but still somehow I know you're listening. You must be. What's Free Will's point if I'm not free? 'Cause you've trapped me." You sang.

"Hey there, Castiel. Why'd you bother pulling me out? 'Cause without you I'm right back in hell and frankly I'd take burning over this. All of my prayers you just dismiss. It's you I miss." You continued. A tear slipped out of your eye as you finished the verse.
"

Oh, why won't you answer me? No, why won't you answer me? Oh, why won't you answer me? No, why won't you answer me? Please just answer me." You sang.
"Hey there, Castiel. You know all things fall apart. It's unavoidable, it happens. Cities rise and fall like art. But you still hoped. For years we've hung onto this rope. We've hung 'till choked." You chorused.
"Hey there, Castiel. I've still got so much left to say. If every little prayer I sent to you could erase this all away. I'd send them all. Then you wouldn't ever have to fall. You'd still have it all." You croon.
"Oh, why can't you answer me? No, why can't you answer me? Oh, why can't you answer me? No, why can't you answer me?" You carol. You have tears rolling down your cheeks now. You continue to strum.
"Cas, its been now much too long. For me, this once, just play along. I need to know if you're going to be okay. Our friends are trying to be strong, but on their faces though, it's as clear as dawn. That none of them have wanted it this way." You trill.
"Cas, now things are getting rough. Yesterday's hope won't be enough. Come morning, I will never be the same and you're to blame." You sing loudly.
"Hey there, Castiel. Well, I'm sure you've heard me calling. You're a thousand miles away and now I know that you're not listening. Now I see. Once I deigned to call you family. Still, I need you like you needed me." You intone softly.
"Hey there, Castiel. Can't you see? You set me free." You sing in a soft voice.
"Oh, why won't you answer me? No, why won't you answer me? Oh, why won't you answer me? No, why won't you answer me? Please just answer me. Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh. Mmm mmm." You finish. You stopped strumming your guitar and put it away. Tears kept falling out of your eyes. You wiped them away even though they didn't stop. You lied down on your bed and curled into a ball. You sobbed silently until you fell asleep.

Cas's p.o.v:

I heard Y/N praying to me again. But this time, it was different. She was singing instead. I flew to her room, but stayed invisible. She had tears running down her cheeks and she was playing a guitar while singing.
"Oh, why can't you answer me? No, why can't you answer me? Oh, why can't you answer me? No, why can't you answer me?" She sang.

"Cas, it's been now much too long. For me, this once, just play along. I need to know if you're going to be okay. Our friends are trying to be strong, but on their faces though, it's clear as dawn. That none of them have wanted it this way." She trills. I feel a tear roll down my cheek.
"Cas, now things are getting rough. Yesterday's hope won't be enough. Come morning, I will never be the same. And you're to blame." She sang loudly. I feel more tears roll down my cheeks and onto the floor.
"Hey there, Castiel. Well, I'm sure you've heard me calling. You're a thousand miles away and now I know that you're not listening. Now I see. Once I deigned to call you family. Still, I need you like you needed me." She intoned softly.
"Hey there, Castiel. Can't you see? You set me free." Y/N sang in a soft voice.
"Oh, why won't you answer me? No, why won't you answer me? Oh, why won't you answer me? No, why won't you answer me? Please just answer me. Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh. Mmm mmm." She finished. I stood there and watched as Y/N put her guitar up and then curl into a ball on her bed. She started to sob silently until she fell asleep. It hurt to see her in so much pain, but heaven needed me. I walked up to Y/N and kissed her forehead. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote:

Y/N,

I heard all of your prayers. I listened to all of them. I am so terribly sorry for the pain I caused you, but heaven needed me and still does. Again, I'm sorry.

~ Cas

I folded the piece of paper and placed it on Y/N's nightstand. I was about to leave before I heard a whimper from Y/N. I looked at her and frowned. She was having a nightmare. Her brows were furrowed and she was tossing and turning occasionally. I placed my fingers to her forehead. She stopped moving and her brows relaxed. I smiled sadly and then flew back to heaven.