Chapter 38

*** This is a clean version of Chapter 38. For anyone who is over 18 years, you can find a book on my profile called 'The Forbidden Diaries' which contains the explicit version. If any problems occur where you cannot view the book then you may have to follow me. Reading the explicit version is done at your own choice as I have made sure to notify you beforehand. *** 

Chapter 38 - Two Souls

I wake up sometime later when the sky has darkened, a long howl disrupting me from my peaceful sleep. The house is unusually quiet and I suddenly remember that Caia and Nikolai are at the pack house tonight for a movie marathon.

I stifle a gasp when a muscled arm tightens around my waist and pulls me back into a hard chest. Vulcan is spooning me from behind. His body is warm and comfortable, providing me with enough heat even though the blanket has been pushed to my knees.

He sighs, resting his chin on my shoulder and nuzzling the side of his face into my neck. I resist the urge to laugh when it tickles, every breath he exhales feels like a whisper to my skin. Our bodies are pressed up together, there's barely a silver of space between us. My legs are tangled with his and his other arm is under my head, providing me with a headrest.

I hear him mumble my name under his breath before his grip tightens and then, relaxes. I watch as he then slowly makes his way on top of my body in the span of a few minutes, from moving his arm out that was underneath my head to pulling me further under him. Soon, his body is crushing me, causing me to wiggle a little to get some breathing space.

Settling when I feel comfortable, I pull out my arm from underneath and proceed to run my fingers through his tousled hair. The strands are slightly wet, indicating that he had probably showered before getting into bed. My fingers move to trace his relaxed features, feeling his chest rise up and down evenly and his heart beating at a smooth pace. Soft sounds of approval escape his lips, the heavenly sound disrupting the peace and quiet of the room.

My head turns towards the closed balcony doors, the white translucent curtains still open and allowing me to see the crescent moon hanging up above with thousands of twinkling stars littering the sky. As the dark grey cloud moves on, the moonlight stretches in and bathes one side of the room in a beautiful, silver glow.

I notice the cuts and scrapes on my arms in the process of slow healing, knowing Vulcan had shifted to do whatever he could to lessen the pain. Sighing, I know I will be adding more to this collection the next time I train. It's highly inevitable.

They don't deter me from training though. In fact, I want to continue and learn some moves in order to protect myself. Vulcan needs to focus on the fight, not on how I am. When he sees that I can defend myself, it will relieve some of his concern.

Stilling when Vulcan moves up my body, I bite my lip when a certain excited member of his anatomy presses into my tummy. Suddenly the air becomes too heavy, my body reacting to his touch like a moth to a flame. I can't help it. 

My eyes roll shut when his hand slithers down to grip my hip, so very close to my core. His mouth expels warm breaths onto my heated skin, making me feel hotter than before. I let out a whimper of need when he grasps the back of my thigh and hooks my leg over his hip, effectively making his erection press against my core.

I almost think that he is awake, gasping when tingles erupt at the contact, a knot twisting in my tummy so tight that I struggle to breathe. I find myself lusting for more friction, for him to move against my body and ignite a wildfire.