Chapter 4

Chapter Four – Temper, Temper.

Three days later.

It's my last day here and to tell you the truth, I feel like close to death. Thinking I could survive staying in this cell was a big mistake. What I didn't take into account was how I was going to be treated like a piece of trash and starved. I have caught a fever from the freezing cold cell, my body aches from lack of warmth and I'm covered in bruises.

On the first day, the younger man, Damian, had returned in the evening with just a piece of bread and half a glass of water. I had stared down at the plate he had slid in with incredulity before asking him for real food. I should have kept quiet. My pleas to be let go were ignored and punished in return.

He becomes angry pretty quickly; safe to say he needs to check in at a clinic. We had gotten into an argument about the food he gave me and in the end it only resulted in a swift punch to my jaw and a sore back when he threw me against the concrete wall. My shirt had ripped somehow and I'm pretty sure my jaw is bruised black with how hard his hit was.

That night, I cried myself to sleep, wishing for someone to come and take me away for this treatment is scaring me. I'm alone and don't know where I am, the worst thing is that the guards take every chance to degrade me with physical and verbal abuse.

By the end of my three-day stay, I'm sporting cuts and scrapes along with bruises. One guard had even gone so far as to sprain my left wrist, which is now swollen and excruciatingly painful as they have not provided me with medical attention. Each night I had cried myself to sleep, so much that I passed out from pain and exhaustion from being interrogated by the men who call me a "rogue" and ask questions I don't have the answers to. It only earns me more injuries and pain.

It's sometime in the afternoon when I hear the groan of the metal door as it's unlocked and pushed open, heavy footsteps making their way in my direction, not stopping at any other cell which holds equally battered and bruised occupants. In fear, I scoot back and curl myself into a ball before they can look at me. After day one, I have learned my lesson to keep my mouth shut otherwise I will be "punished" as they would say.

The footsteps halt outside my cell and I hear the sound of the door opening. However, the person that is making their way towards my huddled figure stops and seems to inhale. After a few moments of terse silence there is a loud roar making me scream in fear, wrapping my arms around myself as a means to protect me. I tremble when two large hands touch me gently, holding my arms and peeling them away from my body. I sob loudly before raising a hand to muffle my cries, clenching my eyes shut and waiting for the hit.

"Aurora...?" A husky and deep baritone trails off with a quiet gasp, bringing me out of my frightened state. 

I recognize the voice, even if it has been a while, I still know who it is without a shred of a doubt. A hopeful feeling blossoms within me as I look up, my tearful gaze meeting livid green orbs.

"V-Vulcan?" I gasp, launching myself onto him and wrapping my arms around his neck. 

I cry into his shoulder, finally able to feel at ease knowing that someone I am familiar with is here and will save me. Forgetting all about the pain coursing through my body at the moment and how he ended up here, I hug him tighter to me and bask in the warmth he provides my cold body.

He freezes for a moment before a thundering growl escapes him and he wraps his arms around my waist, nuzzling the tip of his nose into the crook of my neck and inhaling deeply. I cry out when he takes hold of my infected wrist while his other hand grazes a bleeding cut on my back. He wrenches himself away from me, with an expression of disbelief and anger whilst he examines my swollen wrist before turning me around to look at my back that is visible from my torn clothes.