Chapter 28

Chapter 28 – School Trip

It's lunch time and I'm currently walking towards the large round table that my friends sit around, including Kaden. The werewolves seemed to be wary and hostile towards him at first but he paid them no mind and two weeks after, they have eased up to him, even making jokes and chatting with him sometimes.

I smile at Kaden and slide into the seat beside him, placing my tray of food on the table. He nods his head at me before placing his arm on the back of my chair. I notice Theo looking at us with a frown. When Vulcan told me about his pack, he also mentioned that some of his pack members attend the same school I go to, but the most I've talked to is Theo. 

I grin at Kayla who also sits beside me, Max has caught the cold and skipped school. Catching up with her, she rambles on about how the class trip to Rome is going to be amazing, making me nod in reply. Everyone from our History class is going and that includes Kayla, Kaden, Theo, Sophia, Alex and Max, basically everyone I know but, I'm a little bummed that Nikolai and Caia won't be coming as they're not in my class. However, I'm really excited to see Rome and everything it has to offer.

''Are you coming?'' I ask Kaden whilst popping some fries in my mouth but, not before slapping Theo's hand away, glaring at him when he tries to steal some and only winks at me in reply.

He shrugs dismissively. ''Don't think so, I've been there quite a lot.''

''Aw come on, it'll be fun! And since you know the place, you could show us around?'' I pout when he shakes his head, before he sighs and agrees to come.

Squealing happily, I wrap an arm around his shoulder to pull him in for a hug, hearing him chuckle whilst patting my back before I pull away and give him a big smile. Realizing there are only minutes to go until the bell rings for class, I quickly finish my lunch before leaving the cafeteria with everybody.

I walk into the classroom and hurry to my seat once I notice that Mr. Alvaro, my history teacher, is already in here. Once everyone is settled, he starts the lesson which seems to be never-ending. I stare out the window thinking of how Vulcan is going to react when I tell him about this trip tonight.

Soon, the lesson finishes and Mr. Alvaro rounds his table to stand at the front with a stack of papers in hand.

''Alright class, as you all know we are leaving for Rome on Friday. Unfortunately, the trip has been cut short to three days -'' He's cut off by loud groans, raising his hand in the hair to silence us. ''Disappointing but principal's orders, we'll make the most of it! Now, I am handing out a guideline of what to bring and a summary of what we will be doing. Please take note and come well prepared. The plane leaves at 7 a.m. sharp. Class dismissed!''

The bell rings and everyone files out of the classroom, ready to go home. I chat with my friends for a while before saying goodbye, grabbing my books from my locker on the way out and waving to Sophia and Alex who drive out of the school gates. Unlocking the door to my own car, I strap myself in before driving to Vulcan's place which seems to be becoming a permanent home with the way things are going.

***

I knock on the brown, wooden door to his office, peeking in when I hear him call me in. I'm extremely nervous about confronting him about the school trip but I have stalled enough. As soon as I had reached home, I had taken my food and raced upstairs to lock myself in the bedroom, avoiding him like the plague and busying myself in homework.