Chapter 26

Chapter 26 – Save me, Alpha

Two days pass and I have spent them in the same boring routine. School, homework, food, sleep and repeat. I also train with Caia and Nikolai in the evenings and Indigo sometimes drops by to teach us some new techniques and moves. But the only thing that brightens my day is whenever I talk to Vulcan on the phone.

He's coming back home today and I can't stop the feeling of excitement rising within me. First, he had told me that he would be coming back after two days only to drag it out to four. When I had talked to him last night, he confirmed that he will be back home this evening.

I enter the house, sweaty and tired. The coach had, unfortunately, found me ditching class again and given me a detention. I had to join everyone in the gym for a game of dodge ball. Kaden is in my class too and had been caught with me. He spent the whole class leaning against the wall in the back whilst I mercilessly hit Alex and Zach with the red balls. I had walked up to him and questioned why he wasn't playing because surely he must've been bored just standing there.

In reply, he shot me a look before taking the ball I held and throwing it away. Standing up straight again, he had pointed to it rolling away and said. ''Oh look, there goes the ball...along with all the fucks I give.''

Grumpy one, he is.

I place my bag on the table in the bedroom and head into the bathroom for a quick shower, where I also spend the next thirty minutes singing at the top of my lungs.

Walking out of the bathroom in a fluffy, white towel when I finish, I head into the wardrobe and change into some plain leggings and a black top that I have to knot at one side. Huffing when it shows a bit of my skin, I vow to never pick up a random size in a hurry ever again. Drying my hair, I put them up into a neat bun and slip on my black flats before heading out of the room. Walking down the hallways and stairs, I take my time but hurry when my stomach starts grumbling. My detention had been during lunchtime and I'm starving now!

I walk downstairs to utter silence. Weird, where did everyone go? I wonder as I step off the last step and walk ahead. I stop and lean ahead slightly to look at both sides, seeing nobody around. Suddenly, arms wrap around my waist and a nose skims the curve of my neck. Because of the non-existent sparks and tingles, I know for sure that it isn't Vulcan. Breaking free of the man's grasp, I turn around to see Colton.

''Uh...w-where is e-everybody else?'' I stammer as I back away, my heart beating rapidly in fear. I had been successful in avoiding him like the plague but, I don't like the look he has in his eyes right now.

He smirks at me, sadistically. ''I sent them on a few errands along with the guards. We're all alone now, sweetheart.''

You've got to be kidding me. Did he not hear me when I warned him to stay away?! I gulp when I hit the back of a couch, gasping when he uses his ability to speed up to me, his arms caging me in. Abruptly, he picks me up bridal style and throws me on the couch before pinning my wrists down. I scream out loud, wishing that someone will walk through the door.

''Bad girl. Why are you screaming? You should be happy that we're finally alone.'' He smirks before leaning down with his lips puckered.

I yell and slam my knee up where the sun doesn't shine, shoving him off me when he groans in agony. Shooting up from the couch, I run towards the door, only to scream in pain when I'm yanked back by the hair. Tears collect in the corner of my eyes as Colton turns me around to face him.