Chapter 5

⬆️ Alpha House

  ⬆️ Alpha House.

  ⬇️ Numerous Pack House Buildings.

Chapter Five – Awakening

It's dark. The smell of disinfectant surrounds me, wafting up my nose every time I inhale. Gathering some strength, my eyes flutter open to meet a white ceiling, flickering down to see white walls, white chairs, white...everything. I look down to see a color, navy blue greets me in the form of a soft blanket that is tucked around my body. My hands are resting by my side and I move them, wincing at the stiffness.

A door opens and shuts, indicating that someone has stepped in. I look up to see Vulcan standing by the door with his arms crossed, muscles bulging and eyes narrowed. We stare at each other for what feels like the longest time but is only a minute in reality.

I break the stare by moving to sit up, my left arm giving way when I put pressure on it making me cry out softly. Before I can blink, Vulcan has his arms around me and is helping me up, settling the pillow behind my back as he does so. I look into his calm green eyes that are swirling with something dark, what that is I don't want to find out.

"How long have I...?" I croak, drinking the glass of water greedily when it meets my lips, before sighing in content.

"A day." He answers, taking a seat in the chair he has pulled closer to the edge of the bed. "Your body needed to heal."

I nod and we remain silent. Dressed in a baby blue hospital gown with short sleeves, my arms are bare. Bandages are wrapped around my left wrist and I grimace thinking of what my sprained limb will look like once it comes off. The cuts and scrapes that are visible to me are in the process of healing, leaving no scar in their wake.

I look up to see Vulcan lost in thought, drinking in my form. My eyes slide over every feature of the room, taking in the glucose bag that is attached to my arm with a drip. There is a window beside the room, medium sized and in a square shape that allows me to look outside into a hallway. I see doctors, nurses and a few people passing by, their steps hurried and sometimes slow.