Chapter 17

*WARNING* Mild steamy scene ahead.

Chapter 17 – Hot & Heavy

Currently I'm dangling from the balcony with my grip tight on the rope of sheets I have made. Yeah, I have a death wish.

I ease myself down before yelling out in panic when I hear the door burst open and a familiar voice roar my name. Hearing his footsteps draw near, I don't have to wait long before Vulcan leans over the balcony to look at me with furious green eyes. I laugh sheepishly before waving to the couple of guards and Nikolai standing below.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, little mate?!" Vulcan thunders from above making me grimace at what is to come.

"Hey! I'll have you know that I am of average height mister!" I shout, pointing at him before gripping the rope again.

I ignore him and ease my way down the rope, my knuckles turning white with how hard my hold is. Vulcan's house is three storeys high and if I fall from here, I will surely end up in the hospital. Thankfully, the wind isn't blowing today and the boys are standing off to the side where they can't see up my skirt.

Finally, my feet touch the ground and I smile in satisfaction, looking up at my masterpiece before groaning when two hands suddenly grip my hips. Based on how sparks and tingles practically explode all over my skin, I know exactly who it is. He turns me around to face him, a scowl etched onto his lips and his eyes darkening by the minute.

"I can't leave you alone for one goddamn second, can I?" He fumes, pulling me back to his house by the hand. "For fuck sake Aurora, you could have fallen!"

"Nah, the knots were pretty tight!" Nikolai cuts in, following behind us while the guards disperse to wherever it is they are usually stationed.

"Do not encourage her!" I manage to high five Nikolai before he leaves me to be dragged to my doom. 

I find myself back in his bedroom again with him pacing in front of me while I sit on the edge of the bed. Keeping quiet seems like the logical thing to do once I see how angry he is. So, I let him grumble to himself and shoot me furious looks from time to time.

"What the hell was that?!" He rages, bending down to look me in the eye.

I would be lying if I said I'm not fearful of the true extent of his anger. "That, was me trying to escape. I mean it's pretty obvious."

"You are staying here." He growls, making me scoff and push him away.

"I most certainly am not! This is kidnapping!"

"You are my mate -"

"I can be your mate from my apartment-"

"It's too dangerous!" He yells, making me shut up.

His chest heaves up and down as he pants, trying to control his breathing. His eyes that were once a dark green are now obsidian with streaks of red flashing through them as if begging to come to the forefront. I can tell that he's trying to calm down but it doesn't seem to be working with the way he pinches the bridge of his nose and the constant growls that escape his lips.

"You will stay here and this is the last time we are having this conversation!" He grits out before making his way out of the room and slamming the door shut.

I jump in surprise at the sound before letting out a yell of frustration. Just before this, he had taken my phone away when I tried to call Damon to come and collect me. Now, I have no device available to me and I'm stuck in this damn place.