Chapter 41

Chapter 41 - Captivity

Vulcan Romanov's P.O.V.

My beasts are raging as am I, we're furious that the vampires have gotten a hold of our mate. I will hunt down every coven and rampage it until I find her. My beasts are continuously fighting me to take over and rip into every vampire that walks this earth at night. How dare they take away what's mine! I growl furiously, my fists clenching at the thought of where she could be right now. Would they have hurt her, is she okay?

After getting Caia, Nikolai and the injured men and women situated in the pack's infirmary, I left them to get tended to, heading to my office where Indigo and Vanessa wait for me. Walking in, I shut the door before taking a seat behind my desk. Vanessa has bandages on her wrist and neck from when she had tried to stop them from taking Aurora.

"What happened?" I spoke angrily, gripping the edges of the table tightly to control my fury somehow.

She takes a shuddering breath, making Indigo look at her worriedly. "W-We were waiting for you all to come back. Aurora kept pacing, she felt like something wasn't right and was on edge the whole time. About two hours into the fight, we heard banging against the door until it eventually cracked, letting vampires into the room. Everyone tried to fight back and protect everyone b-but the vampires had a trick up their sleeve, they g-gassed us, it was pouring in heavily through the vents and making us lose conscious. W-We struggled with them as they grabbed Aurora b-but, they k-knocked her out and took her. I'm so sorry, Vulcan."

I suck in a harsh breath before mind linking Indigo to get her out of the room. My beasts are close and I'm nearing my snapping point. My blood boils when I hear they have hurt her, chest heaving in fury. The second Vanessa is out the door, I let out a roar and shift before grabbing my desk and throwing it against the bookshelves, overturning chairs and couches in anger before punching the walls. I'm livid, wanting to hunt them down and make them pay, but what pisses me off more is that I don't know where to look.

Indigo stands outside, waiting until I calm down and shift back before walking towards me. I'm now in jeans, panting heavily as I lean against the overturned desk, glaring at the floor. He leans against the cracked bookshelf beside me and grips my shoulder.

"We'll find her and when we do, you can torture them for however long you want in our dungeons."

I growl in slight satisfaction over the idea, nodding at him before running my hands through my hair in frustration. "I don't even know where they fucking took her. What if they do something if I take too long?"

"Don't take too long then, simple." A voice states, making our heads snap up to where Kaden stands with his friend Rico James, a fellow rogue. Damon and his pack warriors file into the room behind them.

"I won't rest until we find her. You have my pack at your service." Damon promises, worry yet determination in his eyes.

Nodding, I walk further until I'm standing in the center of the room. Looking at mine and Damon's warriors, I growl out darkly. "No-one rests until she is found."

***

Aurora Maxwell's P.O.V.

I groan at the light shining in my eyes before it goes away...only to come back again. Blinking in the dimly lit room, I look up to see a flickering light before my confused gaze averts to the dark and cold room I'm in. Where am I? I wonder, trying to get up only to hiss in pain when my wrists burn from the rope that ties me to the metal chair. My hands and legs are bound as well as my waist, making sure that I can't escape at any costs. Not that I could in the first place, I snort. This room has no windows, just a wooden door that I believe is locked.