Chapter 27

Chapter 27 - Kiss & Tell

I'm standing outside Vulcan's office. After being discharged the following night after the incident, he had brought me home. However, my mind is playing everything I had heard from the girls yesterday and I want to know who this Eliza is. But I can't seem to knock on the door - I can't move, period. My stomach is swimming in nervousness and I want to just forget about it and walk away.

But, life is never that simple. Vulcan's faint voice calls out my name, telling me to come in already. Damn werewolves and their heightened senses! I think as I finally push the door open. I peek inside, sending him a nervous smile when he looks away from his computer.

''Can I come in?''

He raises a brow at me. ''You always walk into my office without knocking, what's wrong today?''

I gulp. He's on to me! Put your game face on, woman! I scream at myself, internally. Looking back at him, I laugh and immediately curse myself when it sounds weak. Straightening, I walk in and close the door behind me.

''Right, of course! Just thought I'd uh...ask today, that's all.'' I reply, taking a seat before him. ''You should try new things every day as they say.''

''Are you okay?'' He asks, frowning as he looks at me in suspicion.

''Yeah, perfectly fine! I'm cool, you're cool, everything's... cool... as a... cucumber?'' I want to slap myself so freaking hard, nervousness and I do not mix well.

''Alright,'' He sighs, leaning back in his chair. ''Spill it. What do you want?''

''Well, I want a lot of things but I mean - if you don't want to tell me, that's fine - wait, no. What I mean is that it'd be nice -''

''Love?'' He calls, making me look up at him as I bite my lip. ''Just get to the point.''

I clear my throat...twice. ''Um...who is Eliza and why will I end up like her?''

His body turns rigid before shaking uncontrollably as he lets out a furious growl. Green eyes fade to black instantaneously and he stares down at me with fury. Yeah, I seriously regret asking him but then again, I need to know. If it involves me then I have a right to ask.

''Who told you that?!'' He grits out as another snarl escapes him.

My eyebrows furrow and I shrug. ''I overheard these girls saying that if you ever lost your cool, I'd end up like this Eliza person. Who is she?''

''Nobody. Forget that you ever heard them.''

''Vulcan, I have a right to know, why can't you just tell me?'' I ask softly.

''I don't need to. Did you change your bandage again? Maybe you should go do that now.'' He suggests dismissively, turning back to his work.

''But -''

''I said no, dammit! You don't need to know who she is, so stop asking me!'' He glares up at me with flashing red eyes. I notice that his fists are clenched and his body has not stopped shaking ever since I mentioned her.

''Okay.'' I nod, feeling my breath hitch as I try not to let the hurt slip through my voice. Standing from my seat, I smooth out the skirt of my dress. ''Sorry for bothering you.''

I turn swiftly and bite my lip, trying to bite back the pain rising within me. Is it going to be like this every single time? I'll ask a question and he'll avoid it like the plague, yelling at me to stop asking? I think as I grip the doorknob.