Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – Caring Side

I feel him stiffen whilst he stares at me, worry flashing through those green orbs of his. I knew he would do so, but I need to know why it happens.

"So, you noticed that." He states, sighing as he runs a hand through his hair...again and rubs the back of his neck.

"Yeah...are you not h-human?" I ask, watching his head snap up. "It's okay if you're not, I'm totally cool with dating an...alien."

He stares at me for the longest time before doing something that catches me off guard. He tilts his head back and bursts into laughter, the rich and husky sound echoing off the walls of the quiet room. I frown at him when he pulls me forward and places me on his waist so I'm straddling him, my legs on either side of his hips. Ignoring the tempting sparks that are dancing on my skin in joy, I focus on him.

"No Aurora, I am not an alien. I can assure you that I'm human." He chuckles but makes no move to explain further.

And honestly, that kind of hurt. I'm not stupid to just pass it off as nothing, I know there is something up with him, some secret that he's hiding; deflecting. I mean, the dude growls and his eyes change from green to black to red to gold! If that doesn't make a girl suspicious, then I don't know what will.

Instead I nod, smiling as if I have accepted his reply. I notice that he lets out a sigh and his features lose the strain and tension that was present just a few moments ago. It's like he feels relieved that I don't press for any more questions.

Oh no, I'm not finished with you yet Vulcan Romanov.

He turns off the television before picking me up and carrying me up to my bedroom. Placing me on my own two feet, I walk into the closet to change into some comfortable nightwear which consists of a pair of navy boy shorts and a long white top over it that comes just to mid-thigh.

Walking out, I hear a low growl making me freeze on the spot before Vulcan appears in front of me. I look up to see that his eyes have darkened again and are now on my revealed legs. His fists are clenched and he shuts his eyes tightly before opening them again. I refrain myself from questioning him when I see that they are back to green.

"I... I have to leave." He says lowly, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Okay." I nod, confused at his strange behavior at seeing me in my night clothes.

He presses a firm kiss to my forehead before telling me that he'll text me and then makes his way over to the window that leads out to the back garden. What the hell is he doing? I think to myself as I step forward, watching as he opens it up and suddenly, jumps out of it. I gasp and run over, looking down to see him land perfectly, in one piece, on the ground before turning to look back up at me.

I can faintly make out a smirk on his lips while he waves and leaps over the large wall, disappearing into the forest. Pulling myself back from the window, I close it before drawing the curtains. My heart beats wildly in my chest, my mind running in overdrive with images of him jumping out and managing to land on the ground...without breaking any bones or hurting himself.

"What the hell was that?!" I whisper yell to myself, looking around the empty bedroom as if the answer to all my questions is written on the walls. Groaning, I switch off the light and settle in my bed, bringing the covers up to my chin. I seriously need to sleep this over.

***