Chapter 50

*** This is a clean version of Chapter 50. For anyone who is over 18 years, you can find a book on my profile called 'The Forbidden Diaries' which contains the explicit version. If any problems occur where you cannot view the book then you may have to follow me. Reading the explicit version is done at your own choice as I have made sure to notify you beforehand. ***

Chapter 50 - Date

"So...where are we going?" I ask once we are seated in the car and have driven a few miles down the road.

He smirks and shakes his head, making me frown instantly. "It's a surprise."

"No, why? I don't like surprises!" I whine, pouting at him to which he just chuckles.

"I'm not telling you Aurora, you'll just have to wait." He shrugs, grinning devilishly at my frustration.

"Fine." I huff, turning on the radio so that it plays softly before crossing my arms over my chest.

The fact that I have never been to Alaska before only serves to further my restlessness because I can't even guess. So instead, I hum along to the familiar pop tunes and gaze at the passing scenery. When I ask how long it will take, Vulcan replies saying our destination is an hour away. To pass the time, I ask him questions about the towns we are passing through, the various sights catching my attention. My fingers itch to grab my camera but I give it a rest, choosing to question Vulcan instead.

"How did your parents just know that they didn't have enough time left with you guys...if you don't mind me asking that is?" I ask quietly, feeling his hand squeeze my thigh for a slight second before he relaxes again.

"I don't mind, little mate. And to answer your question, my parents knew from the start that someone would always be after them, back then two different species mating was frowned upon as vampires and werewolves are known as enemies."

I frown, my brows knitting in confusion. "But, how did it change then? I mean, as well as those two species mating even humans are now mated to supernatural creatures and everyone is accepting of hybrids."

"It took a long time for everyone to accept the fact that you didn't choose who your mate was. Centuries ago when I once lead the vampire realm, people who didn't find their mates by a certain age were forced to pick one. Mates weren't seen as important to the elders. Years passed by like that, wolves and vampires forced to choose mates because they couldn't find theirs in time, until the 1900's came around." He has my full attention now and I listen intently to every word he speaks, the faraway look in his eyes indicating the he is reminiscing those years. "More and more people began to find their mates as soon as they shifted, who then fought against the system the elders had put in place. It was a bullshit law anyway; a rebellion was imminent and it eventually happened. The elders could see that they had lost control and banished the law. It was only in the year of 2004 that hybrids began to come forth and mate with other species as they had two beasts within them. Before that I had thought I was the only one."

"Weren't you told to um...pick a mate when you were ruling?" I hesitantly ask, feeling my heart ache slightly at the thought of him belonging to some other woman.

"One of the elders did suggest it."

"What did you say?" My curiosity peaks as I lean forward in my seat to look at him.