Chapter 11

Important Note: Aurora is not going through heat in this chapter, she's caught a cold. Remember, I said in my note at the start that in my books, humans will not go through heat. 

Chapter 11 – Sick Days

I groan loudly at the constant pain I'm going through as I lie on my stomach in bed. My nose is stuffy, I have a terrible migraine, my house is freezing and my body aches.

Hearing the doorbell's chime echo throughout the house, I mentally cry as I get up. My body screams in protest and my temples throb with every step, making me stop and steady myself. Wrapping a blanket around my shoulders, I slowly make my way down the stairs and to the front door. Unlocking it and pulling the door open, I'm greeted by the sight of a handsome looking Vulcan who is dressed in casual attire.

Croaking out a greeting, I let him in and lock the door before continuing up the stairs. I hear his footsteps follow behind me soon after. Walking through my open door, I plop down onto my bed again, covering myself up. Shutting my tired eyes, I whimper at the heat they are emitting.

''You haven't been in school for three days.'' His familiar, deep baritone sounds throughout the room making me shiver involuntarily at its huskiness.

''I'm legit dying Vulcan and you expect me to go to school?'' I mumble, turning my face to look up at him as he moves to the side of my bed. "Are you stalking me?"

His concerned eyes meet mine when he crouches down. I close my eyes as I feel his warm hand caress my cheek. "Can you just keep your hand there? I feel like my home is Antarctica right now.''

Smiling when I hear him chuckle, I sigh in content when he starts placing sweet kisses on my cold skin, heating it up in an instant. Electricity dances through my veins as sparks litter my skin, making me wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He slips his hands under the blanket and under my hoodie, gripping onto my waist tightly as I tremble under his touch.

Slowly, he places one of his hands on my forehead and then on my neck, shaking his head and muttering curses under his breath. When he stands, I watch him leave the room only to come back a few minutes later.

"What are you doing?" I grumble, my voice different from the sickness.

He looks down at me with his darkened green eyes making me wonder what has gotten him riled up now. Tapping my lips while holding up a thermometer, he places it under my tongue just as I open my mouth. He's tense as we wait, knuckles white as his hand grips the bedside table and his jaw is clenched. I can tell he is furious by his expression.

I'm about to ask him again when I remember I have a thermometer in my mouth. "How long have you been sick for?"

"Since Tuesday night." I shake my head after he takes the thermometer out. "You don't have to –"

"You are mine, Aurora. I need to take care of you. What if your fever worsened? You're not safe in this house alone." He growls loudly, the sound echoing in the room. "And why didn't you call me?"

I look away sheepishly. "I didn't want to bother you -"

"You could never bother me, Aurora." He sighs, the anger diminishing in his eyes as his knuckles caress the heated skin of my cheek.

"Don't leave the bed. I'm going to make you something to eat after you take a nap." He states, leaving room for no further argument.

Covering me until the blanket is up to my neck, he turns and walks out. I'm trying to sleep when he slips back in with a glass of water and two painkillers. Sitting up with a low groan as my body aches, I thank him before taking the pills and swallowing them down with the water. Handing it back to him, I notice that he has not stopped staring at me. There are a lot of emotions present in his beautiful green eyes before they disappear and become steely and cold again.