Chapter 16

Chapter 16 – Working It Out

I have not seen Vulcan in a week, solely because I have been having class test after class test, leaving me with no time for anything else other than studying. I did, however, start reading books on werewolves whenever I took a break. I love reading so I flipped through those books like a bookworm on fire. 

Sighing, I grab my books for the next class and shut the door, screaming when I see my friends, Max and Kayla on either side of me.

''God, don't do that!'' I breathe, placing a hand over my chest to try and calm my racing heart.

''You get scared so easily, Aurora.'' Max chuckles as he places an arm over Kayla's shoulders.

''Hey, it's not my fault!'' I laugh as Kayla shoves him away, grumbling.

They're human, like me. Yes, my other friends are amazing but I feel slightly out of place whenever I'm with them. I feel more comfortable when I'm with Kayla and Max, we instantly became friends when paired up for a science experiment. Max has black hair, warm brown eyes and is of a slender build. I was the first one to talk to him when asking for notes since he sat beside me.

Kayla has brown hair, which is currently dyed lavender, and piercing blue eyes. She is a few inches taller than me and is the most outgoing girl I know. She's very popular in school because of her loudness and can make friends in a snap. We met in gym when I got caught for ditching and she was in there being lectured on not to knee a student in the balls whenever she gets angry.

''What class do you guys have now?'' Max asks us, pulling his backpack higher on his shoulder.

''Math.'' We both groan, Kayla resting her head on my shoulder.

''You guys are so hopeless!'' Max grins, backing away.

''Easy for you to say, nerd!'' Kayla grumbles as she pulls me towards our class.

He waves and walks away as we both run to our classroom. The bell had just rung when we slip in, sighing in relief. She sits down in her assigned seat and I sit beside her with Alex to my right. Smiling at him, I take out my things and start writing down the notes already up on the board.

Halfway through the class, Alex leans closer to me. ''When are you going to meet Vulcan?''

''Tomorrow, I've been having a lot of tests so I couldn't find the time.'' I shake my head, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth in slight worry. What if he's taken my silence in the wrong way?

''I still can't believe he hasn't broken down your door yet.'' Alex chuckles, leaning back quickly when Mr. Richards, our teacher, turns around. 

"What do you mean?" I frown, wondering why he would break down my door.

"Alphas are very possessive and dominant males by nature, especially when it concerns their mates. He's probably restraining himself so his wolf doesn't take over and drag you back to his house." He explains, making my eyes widen. 

I remain quiet, not knowing what to do. I know I should go and inform him of my decision but school keeps getting in the way. When I would reach home, the only thing I'd want to do is sleep. 

"I'll go tomorrow." I reply quietly, meeting his eyes.

''Good!'' Alex smirks, making me slap his arm with a grin.

''Aurora and Alexander! Care to explain why you're not taking down my notes?'' Mr. Richards yells from the top of the classroom.

''Because your notes are full of shit, that's why.'' He mutters, making me slap my hand to my mouth to stifle the bubbling laughter.

The HybridOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara