Chapter 35

Chapter 35 – Take Me On A Ride

I wake to find myself lying on a long couch in a familiar office. Pulling the soft blanket off me, I wipe my eyes clear of sleep and look around. Vulcan is sitting in one of the armchairs, sheets of paper and maps littering the coffee table. His lips are set into a thin line and his green orbs are still filled with anger and something so very dark and unknown.

Sitting up, I run a hand through my messy hair before walking over to him. He looks up at me in confusion when I round the chair. My hands find his shoulders, massaging the tensed muscles that slowly relax under my touch. A low groan escapes his lips, his head falling back and the tips of his dark brown hair grazing my skin.

I continue until I feel him completely relax, the tension that was so prominent in his muscles is now gone. Now, I'm just running my hand through his hair, playing with the strands. He stops me, grabbing my small hands in his large ones and bringing them around his neck to his chest. I lean forward and rest my head on his shoulder, kissing the curve of his neck gently.

"You should rest. You look like you're about to drop any minute." I murmur, hearing him sigh in response.

He shakes his head, vehemently. "I need to find out who did it."

"And you will." I reassure, my voice soft. "But you also need to rest. You're always working Vulcan, at least take a break sometimes."

He reluctantly nods, sighing before letting me pull him up and lead him out of the office. We find ourselves in the kitchen when he grumbles that he's hungry. I cut the turkey sandwiches in half before placing them on a plate and handing it to him.

Sitting on the chair beside him, I take a sip of juice whilst scrolling through my texts, replying to my friends before setting it down. I glance up only to double take when I see that Vulcan is staring at me and has not taken a bite yet.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Where's your food?" He asks, raising a thick brown brow.

"Oh!" I chuckle before shrugging. "I'm not hungry."

In the blink of an eye, I'm pulled onto his lap. I shake my head, protesting when he holds a sandwich up to my lips. He growls lowly, a stern look in his eyes which makes me sigh in defeat and open my mouth to take a bite. I know arguing with him is pointless, he'll just bring up my health and go on about it forever.

We eat silently, his eyes glazed over indicating that he's talking to someone through the mind link werewolves have while I scroll through an app on my phone. I take a bite out of the sandwich before nudging him with my elbow to catch his attention, holding the sandwich up to his lips only for my jaw to drop when he takes a massive bite, leaving only a small piece for me. I shake my head when he winks before resting my head against his chest. His heart beat speeds up the slightest bit making me smile softly, happy that I have that effect on him.

Looking up when the door opens, I smile at Indigo and Vanessa. They take a seat next to us at the table and she smiles at me, her brown eyes focusing on Vulcan's arms that are wrapped around my waist and how I lean back into him. I playfully glare at her when she wiggles her brows at me in a cheeky manner.

"Okay, we need to assess yesterday's threat." I look up to see that Vulcan's eyes have returned to the vibrant green, his hand now stroking my arm.