Chapter 36

Chapter 36 – A Witch's Vision

I'm warm. Too warm.

Crinkling my nose, I inhale the distinct earthy scent which immediately alerts me that Vulcan is near. Yawning, I open my eyes and blink drowsily, looking around to find myself staring at a navy sweater. Pressing my hand against the material, I push myself away and sit up, only to find myself in Vulcan's lap. Embarrassed, I wipe the dried drool from my mouth before meeting his eyes. Light grey meeting forest green.

One of the things I absolutely love about Vulcan is his eyes. Those green orbs are the ones I lost myself in when I met him for the first time at the airport. I can stare at them all day and never get bored; when they twinkle with mischievousness or darken in anger and when they burn bright gold. Red is the most fascinating color to me, that has me entranced yet frightened at the same time. His eyes are the window to his soul, expressing every emotion he goes through via color.

"You're staring." His husky voice breaks through the silence and effectively snaps me out of my trance.

I smile softly, cupping his cheek, tracing the smooth skin of his lips with my thumb. "Not staring. Admiring, more like."

"Really?" He muses before letting go of his pen and wrapping his arms around my waist with a sigh, pressing closer until our lips are just a breath away. "You seem to do that a lot."

I bite my lip, I guess I have always known that he catches me staring at him. "I like looking at what's mine."

His eyes darken and the flecks of gold rise to the surface, his grip tightening around me. With a low and husky growl, he closes his eyes and nuzzles his nose into the crook of my neck to inhale my scent deeply. 

"Fuck, I love it when you say that."

I hum in delight, watching as he pulls back and presses his lips to mine. It isn't the fierce and passionate kisses I'm used to, instead it's soft, slow and sweet; like he's taking his time to let us both savor the feel of each other. I slowly pull away when I start to run out of air, wrapping my arms around his neck and hiding my face in his chest. He chuckles from above, knowing how shy I get sometimes even if we have been together for a couple of months now.

I watch as he rifles through the stacks of paperwork, holding a page out in front of him and reading the contents before signing it and placing it on top of another growing stack. There are three stacks which makes me frown in confusion and watch carefully. Sometimes he'll sign a page, other times not and some pages go to the middle stack. I assume the first stack is for things he will be going through with, the middle one for undecided work and the third one for rejects.

Edging forward in his lap, I tentatively grab a paper from the stack and let my eyes scan the contents, unaware that Vulcan is watching me with a proud glint. It's a letter from one of the doctors in the pack's infirmary who wants to expand the medical wing of the clinic to make more room so that multiple injuries can be looked at instead of wounded pack members waiting in line to get a room. I subconsciously nod, liking the idea a lot. It'll help the doctors and nurses to tend to everyone at a faster rate.

I feel Vulcan's warm breath near my ear as he leans down and rests his chin on my shoulder. "Do you want to sign it, baby?"

My breath hitches at the endearment and I almost swoon when I register his words. Turning around in his arms, I look up with a wide smile. "Really? I can sign stuff?"