Chapter 37

Chapter 37 - Training

My last class is science and half an hour before it ends, I manage to break a beaker because Caia didn't clean up the water she had spilled on the floor. After class, I make my way to the office so that I can pay for the damage made. 

I walk out of school after my work in the office is done, stopping short when I see Vulcan leaning against the hood of his car, I gulp at the knowing look he sends my way when he sees that my science teacher is right beside me. He can probably hear how my teacher is telling me to be careful next time.

Vulcan walks over to us and wraps an arm around my waist, pressing a kiss to my temple before facing Mr. Braxton, who pales at the sight of him. Beads of sweat start forming on his forehead which he wipes away with a white handkerchief before bowing his head slightly and tilting it to the side to expose his neck. No...freaking...way.

''K-King Romanov, w-what are you doing here?''

''I'm just here to pick up my mate, Noel.'' He smiles kindly, easing the tension.

I turn to my teacher who stares back at me in shock. ''You're a werewolf too, Mr. Braxton?''

He nods, distracted by Vulcan's intimidating figure. ''I uh...I had not heard that you found your mate, my King. Congratulations to both of you!''

"Thank you, Noel." Vulcan's gaze wanders to the crowds of students whispering to one another and staring at us. I try pulling away, uncomfortable by the looks but am immediately pulled flush against his side with a stern look. "We better head home now."

"Oh yes, of course! See you in tomorrow's class, Luna Aurora." Mr Braxton says and walks off before I can tell him to just call me by my name.

Vulcan looks at the students one last time before pulling me to the car. Seating myself, I frown at Vulcan as he starts the engine and pulls out of the space, heading towards the school gates. 

''How many people here are werewolves?''

''More than half of the students in your school. Five are teachers, Braxton included.'' He explains, looking out the window before turning.

I breathe out in shock, watching some of my classmates walk down the road, heading back home. Who could be a werewolf out of them? I wonder as I stare at their retreating backs. Leaning back in my seat, I pull at my hair tie and ruffle my hair, which I had straightened today but became fed up with it sticking to my lip gloss.

''So,'' I start, softly. ''Were you in town before?''

''Can I not pick up my mate from school some days?'' He glances at me, amusement flickering in his green eyes.

''No – Crap! I mean, yeah why not?'' I mumble, looking down at my hands in embarrassment as I feel my cheeks warm up.

He stops at a red light before leaning over and tilting my chin up, pecking my cheek. When he pulls away to drive again, I smile at him shyly before directing my gaze to the window. We drive for a while with me watching the trees and shrubs blur into a mass of green and the birds flying free up above in the cloudy, grey sky.

I shoot forward in my seat when Vulcan pulls into a fast food restaurant's parking lot. Squealing excitedly, I grin at him to which he only chuckles in reply. Hopping out of the jeep, I round it to meet Vulcan at the front and wrap an arm around his waist.