Chapter 2

Note to re-readers: please don't spoil this book for new readers, it's unfair to both them and myself. I love and appreciate the fact that you enjoy this book so much but, I have to come in, find the comments and delete them which gets very time consuming. 

I want this book to be enjoyable to everyone who reads it and spoiling it may cause people to leave, which is very disappointing. Please be respectful of new readers! I'm only saying this because there have been many people who keep doing it. 

Chapter Two – Moving and Reunions.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with us, Aurora?" Darius, Damon's father, asks from the front, his eyes trained on the road as we drive down on the relatively quiet streets of the town.

"I'm sure. I just want to spend some time where Mum and Dad used to stay whenever they visited. I know I'll be staying at your place more often though, so you don't have to worry." I smile reassuringly at Theia as she turns around to look at me worriedly.

After that, a comfortable silence ensues until we reach the street where I will be staying. Exiting the car, I look up at the tall building which will now be my new home. It is outside of New York, a one-hour drive from the city that never sleeps. 

Taking my keys out from my bag, I unlock the door and head inside, smiling as I remember the memories made here and how well maintained it has been since my family visited last year.

Mum's decorative touch is still here, ornaments and pictures lining the shelves and walls. As I walk through the familiar and cozy home, my heart aches at how my parents will never be with me again. Climbing up the stairs, I reach my room and step in. The best part about my room is the large pane of glass that allows me to see the town below. It's scary yet breathtakingly beautiful at the same time.

Lingering for a bit, I make my way downstairs to see the Valentine's preparing to leave. I bid them goodbye, promising them that I will be over in a while for dinner. Closing the door, I turn and sigh at the sight.

This is how it's going to be from now on, just me.

I head up to my bedroom first to start unpacking. It's the room above the garden table on the patio. I set my luggage on the floor, rushing to looking at the balcony through the glass doors. It's large with pretty flowers in pots of different sizes. 

There is a large bed an inch away from the wall with fluffy, soft throws on it. On each side there are two bedside tables with two lamps on it and pictures of me with my parents that I had brought with me the last time I was here.

White, faux fur rugs are placed on each side of the bed and the floor is made of white hardwood. Turning around I see a work table propped up against the left wall with my computer on top. I walk over to it once I see the silver bucket of white roses. They are beautiful and fresh, meaning Theia or Sophia must have come around to fix up the place for me.

I grin at the colorful, inspiring pictures hanging on the wall behind the computer and a soft throw placed over the chair. Turning around, my hand grazes the doors to the small, walk-in wardrobe as I step towards the vanity table beside it. I know the wardrobe will be filled once I unpack. It's inevitable.

There is a circular mirror on the wall with intricate detailing around it. A vase of red tulips is placed at the side with lace detailed containers to store my makeup in. A pastel pink barrel is also placed beside the vanity table with a few of the books I had left here last time on top.