Chapter 47

Chapter 47 - Revival  

Vulcan has healed overnight and I had been shocked to wake up to him walking around the Alpha suite of the infirmary, changed into casual clothing. But then again, I should have seen it coming considering he is a Lycan who can control his healing abilities.

Soon after that, we had made our way back home only to be swept into a meeting with the pack doctors, elders and Vulcan's friend, Jezebel. Everyone is in the sitting room and I'm on the couch with Vulcan beside me. His siblings, Nero, Indigo and Vanessa along with Kaden are all present.

I feel like a lab rat being experimented on for the past two hours, except this is to figure out what exactly happened when Vladimir marked me again. The elders and Jezebel have tried out countless of theories on me, only for none of them to work. They have concluded that I have changed and acquired Vulcan's abilities, but they don't know which beast has given a part of himself to save me. Whenever my emotions become too intense, a red ring will surround my eyes. Everyone has been testing me for speed, reflexes, strength, etcetera.

They have discovered that I can tune in and out of it and choose whenever to use my abilities. Lycanthropes like Vulcan, his siblings and Indigo can also do this but werewolves like Kaden, Vanessa and the majority of pack members cannot. One of the elders had cut my palm to realize that I can also control my healing abilities but only to a certain degree. I will still need to be treated and given medicine to heal myself fully.

The only problem is that if I possess all the abilities of a vampire, I should have died in the infirmary so Vulcan could properly turn me into one. I'm alive and breathing which confuses everyone.

Jezebel is currently pacing across the room, her neat brows furrowed in thought. I glance at Kaden to see him bored out of his mind, his eyes on my mark. Suddenly, he stands and makes his way behind the couch I'm sitting on. I pay no attention, thinking he is going into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

But instead, I hear his footsteps stop behind me and I wince at the loudness of it. My hearing is something that has changed along with my sight. I have been counting every piece of ember in the fireplace even though I'm sitting quite far from it, until Kaden had broken my concentration.

"Okay, I know you're overprotective of her right now, but don't kill me for what I'm about to do. It's just a test." He warns Vulcan, making me frown in confusion.

Vulcan nods slowly making me look to Jezebel to see if she has any clue as to what is going on. But she seems as confused as the rest of the people in the room. In one sudden motion, I feel my hair being brushed away and foreign lips being pressed deeply against my mark. The next moment is all a blur but I know a mixture between a hiss and a deep, resounding growl escapes my lips.

I blink before focusing on Kaden, who has a proud grin on his face. I'm gripping onto his collar while he lies on the floor against a wall, his hand wrapped around my throat lightly as he tries to push me back. Gasping loudly, I stumble back, looking around in shock. What did I do? Why is Kaden on the ground? I mentally ask myself, feeling panic grip me.

Everyone has stood up from their seats and I watch Kaden stand, staring at me with caution in his ice blue eyes. My breathing begins to turn harsh, coming out in short pants as I feel immense anger over someone other than my mate touching my mark so intimately. But then, a feeling of calm washes over me and I instantly look towards Vulcan. He steps forward, a reassuring smile on his lips as he holds his hand out. I stare at it, backing away slowly, confused at what just happened.