14: Bitter Thoughts

Evangeline is busy sweeping the floor at the living room, a few strands of her red hair are falling down from the messy bun on her head. Her gaze went fell on a picture of Crystal, she couldn't help but think about her precious daughter who was in Malibu for a year. She didn't expect that her once little girl is now a popular model who is dating a famous rockstar. She smiled to herself, thinking how much her daughter had gone farther in her life.

      All of a sudden, she heard a knock on their gate. She peaked at the window, raindrops made the view outside blurry so she ran out of the living room, then, across the lawn to open the gate. She was surprised to see Crystal, soaking wet in the rain.

"Hi mom" she smiled.

"Crystal!" she gasped "Get inside"

***

"I'm so glad your home, my darling" Evangeline said as she served her a cup of hot coffee and a plate of sandwiches. "What brought you here?"

"I missed you mom" she held a forced smiled "Why? Aren't you glad to see me?"

"Of course I'm glad! My darling… but why'd you went here all alone?Where's Axl?"

"Oh… uhm, he has a scheduled concert today. But I decided not to come with them just to see you" Crystal sighed, knowing that she totally lied to her beloved mother. There was a silence for a few seconds, Crystal glared up to her.

"Darling, where you got those?" Evangeline's eyes were filled with terror in sight of the bruises on her arms.

"Nothing" she faced away.

"Crystal! Those aren't nothing!" her mother started crying. "Is he hurting you?"

"No Mom! Axl has nothing to do with those bruises… I got them when I slipped downstairs" she lied again.

         Evangeline sat beside Crystal and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry my darling… I was just scared" she sobbed.

"It's okay" she hugged her mother back.

Evangeline stared at her, "How could you let this happen?"

"Mom, it was an accident"

        They both stopped when they heard the frontdoor slam open.  Adam stumbled into the kitchen.

"Mom, I need some-"

"Adam!" Crystal yelled in joy.

He grinned, "Crys!"

       She ran towards him and hugged her brother.

"You became even more skinnier!" he laughed.

"You're so mean but I missed you!" she punched his face playfully.

"I thought I would just see you on pictures and on television" he crossed his arms.

"Aw, not at all!" she rolled her eyes.

        They both sat by the table together with Evangeline and Crystal shared her good moments at Malibu but her problem with Axl remained as a secret. She had totally missed these times that she never wanted to talk about those bitter happenings.

***

        Crystal flopped down her bed, looking around her almost empty room. But her 'fangirl collections' were still there, those posters and pictures of Axl Rose seemed to be smirking at her. She shutted her eyes close. There are a lot of memories flashing in he mind. His words, his deep voice and his precious, charming smile…

'That's because you're special'

       That's what he told her before.  Words that made her fall in love deeply with him and took away all of her doubtful thoughts towards him. Is it true?

     Their first kiss was quite ridiculous but it was sweet and meaningful to her. Does it matter to him despite of the fact that he had kissed a lot of girls before her?

       The moonlight that passed through the window also reminded her of her first passionate night with him. Did he really fell in love with me? How could he change that much?

        She was a couple of miles away from him but she couldn't escape these thoughts and forget about him. Thinking about how lonely he could be right now. Though became violent to her during the past few months, her feelings for him didn't fade away.

       She burried her face into the pillow and tried to sleep and get rid of those thoughts.

     I should forget about him… We're not good, not at all… I don't need him and he doesn't need me!