15: Forgiveness

A week later…     

        Axl stumbled into the backstage, clutching his aching head with his hand. Passing by some crews and technicians around the backstage, he nailed a blunt in between his lips and lit it up.

"Hey Ax… what's wrong?" Slash tapped his shoulder. He was usually moody after the shows but this time, he faced at Slash's face under his bush-like hair with a weak smile.

"I miss her" he muttered.

Slash shot him a scornful look, "It's your fault"

      That just made his emotions heavier, blaming himself for ruining everything. 

"Yeah, I know!" he threw the joint and crushed it with his foot. "This won't help"

"Axl, she's different from those bitches. She cares for you. She loves you and you did nothing but… beat her" Slash said, finally gathered courage to confront him.

Axl shook his head, "I want to have her back but I don't know how"

"She's safe right now. She's at home, if I were you I would just shut my mouth and let her go" Slash spitted on the floor and left him. He never talked to Axl that way before.

         Now that she's gone, he realized how important she was in his life, he was yearning for her soft touch and care.

"I would be needing a stronger boozed" he said to himself, walking to his dressing room. He took a last glance at his band mates before locking himself alone. The true is, as well as his relationship to his friends got strained eversince they've noticed his bad treatment towards Crystal.

***

        After another stressful day, Axl was urged to go over at Los Angeles all by himself. Not only to prove to Slash that he could have her back, but to have her forgiveness and put everything back to normal. Their sweet and romantic relationship that had once changed him and the girl who's been always special to him.

        He pulled up his car infront of the colorful, familiar house. He could be hardly recognized because he is in a dark hoodie and aviator sunglasses.

      He got out of his car and pressed on the doorbell. The gate was opened by Adam whose face lit up in sight of him.

"Oh, hey A-"

"Shhh… " he cutted him off, then smiled. "May I see Crystal?"

"Come in, she's upstairs" Adam shrugged. Axl sighed, thinking about how he would explain. By Adam's reaction, he already knew that Crystal didn't said a word to her family about their problem.

        Once he entered the living room, he met Evangeline who got surprised with his sudden arrival.

"Good Morning Evangeline" he  took off his sunglasses, wearing his iconic smirk.

"Oh gosh! Axl!" she ran towards him and kissed him on the cheek.  "It's nice to see you again"

"Just came here to pick up my sweet angel" he shrugged.

"How'd you doing?" she cupped his face with her hands. "Look't that handsome face, I wouldn't wonder why my daughter fell in love with you"

      He chuckled shyly despite of the guilt he feels inside. "I'm doing good"

"Follow me, she's waiting for you" she led Axl upstairs and stopped by Crystal's room, opening the door slowly.

       Crystal is sitting on her bed while reading a book, she looks totally beautiful than ever. Her pin-straight, copper hair sways with her motions. Those icy-blue eyes underneath her thick eyelashes shifted to her mom.