1: The closing party

Year 1990| Los Angeles, California

It was the last day of junior high school, Crystal just got out from the shower room, preparing for their closing party. She went into her walk-in closet, searching through the racks of her expensive dresses. Settling down on a red, glittered halterneck dress, she put it on and checked out herself. The back of the dress has a V-shaped drop, exposing the half of her back. She blow-dried her hair, applied some make up and slipped on a pair of black pumps.

After a minutes of make over, she sighed in sight of the mess in her room, the party would start within fifteen minutes but she still cared to fix her room. Her room is her favorite corner, it was always neat and clean. Aside from picture frames, the walls we're covered with posters of her favorite band, Guns N' Roses that was led by her childhood crush, Axl Rose. She collects all of their albums, band tees, badges, accessories and other items that we're kept and displayed in her room.

"Crystal! Your going to be late!" she heard her brother's muffled voice down the stairs.

"Holy crap!" she got out of her room and walked down the stairs carefully to avoid getting tripped.

Adam, her older brother is standing by the staircase, waiting for her impatiently. Adam is as tall as her, they were both six feet in height. He is twenty years old and he has spiky, copper hair and icy blue eyes.

"You look totally gorgeous" said Evangeline, their mother who looks like an older version of Crystal.

"Thanks mom" she beamed "I must be going, bye"

"Bye sweetie" she kissed her lovely daughter. Adam rolled his eyes.

He drove Crystal to school, where the loud music is playing and the colorful lights can be seen from the parking lot beside the building. It was also surrounded with students, dressed in formal clothings.

"Bye Adam, see ya!" she said as she got out of the car.

He jerked her back, "Remember, no alcoholic drinks and never leave without me, I'll pick you up before eleven, okay?"

"I promise" she nodded, heading on her way to her friends who were at the entrance door.

Adam sighed, he was worried about his younger sister but Crystal is now a young lady, he can't just watch over her all the time. He glanced at her at the window for the last time before leaving.

Crystal and her friends headed into the gym, the middle part is the dance floor, there are tables and chairs in maroon and white sheets. At the other side of the gym, is a catering. All of the people were chattering continously, most of them were swaying at the dance floor.

Crystal was asked by many guys to dance with them but she ignored them all, she was waiting for Travis Russell, her current boyfriend who was very late, she dialed his number for many times but no one answered. Since she doesn't want her night to be ruined so she decided to have fun with her friends at the dance floor.

While she was dancing, a pair of hands that covered her eyes. Her friends made surprised reactions.

"Who the heck is this?" Crystal turned around and saw Travis's handsome face, he was in a tuxedo.

His blonde hair is pulled at the back of his head. But a few strands of his wavy hair falls down his face. Travis is one of the most attractive man in their school and a popular football player.

"Your late" she rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, my mom was rushed to the hospital" he sighed. Crystal's heart fell.

"What?--"

"Don't worry, she's in good condition now" he smiled "You look so beautiful"

She hugged him and he hugged her back. Crystal's friends were giggling and whispering to each other.

"Hey girls, I'll borrow her for a while" Travis chuckled.

"Go ahead! Enjoy the night!" one of them replied.

"Babe, may I have this dance?" he said to Crystal who was still embracing him, she pulled away.

"Sure babe" she smiled. Crystal spent the rest of the party with Travis.

After a few hours, he dragged her at a corner of the gym where there are few people around.

"Babe, why're we here?" Crystal hissed.

"I got something to tell you..." his voice trailed off "Hope you'll understand"

"Okay, what is it?" she asked worriedly.

He let out a heavy sigh, "I... I just want to tell you that... this'll be our last night, I'm breaking up with you"

Her eyes widened, "What do you mean? What're you talking about?"

"I'm moving to Europe next week" he pulled her into a hug "And I can't stand a long distance relationship"

"Will you ever come back?" her voice trembled.

"Never" he shook his head.

She couldn't stop the tear that urging to fall down her cheek, "You can't just leave me! You can't do that!"

He wiped away the tear on her face.

"Please don't cry, I still love you" he kissed her forehead.

"Liar!"

Crystal pushed him away before running out of the gym, bursting out in tears.

"Crystal! Wait! I'm sorry!" she heard Travis's fading voice as she got out of the school building.

She sat under the large oak tree, sobbing. Her make up is ruined by her tears running down her cheeks. Just as Adam came, his flared up in anger to see his sister crying.

"Crys!" he ran to her, helping her to stand up "What happened?"

"Just take me home" she shook her head.

Once they got back home, Crystal is now at the living room, sitting on the sofa with Adam and Evangeline.

"Darling, what happened?" her mom tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Travis broke up with me" she looked down on the floor.

"What!" Adam exclaimed.

"He said that he'll be moving to Europe and he'll never come back" she sniffled. Evangeline embraced her lovely daughter.

"It's okay, honey" she whispered. The telephone suddenly rang.

"Wait, I'll go check that" Evangeline got up and answered the telephone.

Adam sat beside Crystal,"Hey Crys, stop crying over that jerk"

"It just hurts..." she sighed.

"Look, I spent a thousand bucks for these" he showed her a ticket and a backstage pass. She stared at them curiously.

"Uhm, what're those?" she sniffled.

"A ticket to G N' R's concert. That would be held right exactly on Monday at the nearby arena, I wonder who's the lucky girl who'll meet Axl Rose at the backstage" he teased.

Crystal's sorrowful thoughts were pushed away. She felt an extreme excitement that made her smile from ear to ear.

"Is that for me?"

He nodded, "Yeah, if you'll promise to stop crying"

"Oh my God Adam!" she embraced him. "It's been my dream!"

"What's going on?" Evangeline came in with a surprised look to see her daughter happy.

"Mom! Adam brought me a freaking ticket!" she squealed.

Evangeline shook her head, "Alright, I'm letting you come, anything for you sweetheart"