(45) Strawberry

Hope's POV

I tiredly blink my eyes open and roll over to cuddle into Jerramy for a few more minutes of sleep. I shut my eyes and put my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his waist. He's softer than I remember. I move up and try to nuzzle into his neck but al met with a face full of strawberry scented hair. Strawberry? My eyebrows furrow in confusion but I still don't open my eyes. One of the girls must have gotten in bed with us last night that's all. Strawberry though? Mal still uses the no tears apple-scented shampoo, Lex uses the Herbal Essences coconut kind because I bought her some yesterday, Jules uses this weirdly expensive mint kind, and Carli uses vanilla. The only person this could be is Carli because of the texture but strawberry? The only other one who has curly hair is-my eyes pop open.

"Christen?" I ask while hugging her tightly to my body. "When did you get here?" I question peppering her head with kisses. "I was so worried." She whines and squirms in my grip. I look down feeling a little guilty for waking her up and kiss her cheek softly. I whisper, "I'm sorry sweetie. Shhh. Go back to sleep baby girl. I'll be here when you wake up." I smile contently and gently play with her hair. She's finally home. My bedroom door opens and I look over with a smile as Carli walks in with two cups of coffee. 

She carefully climbs on the bed and smiles softly at me, "Her flight landed at one so Jerramy and I went and got her. He put her in here and slept on the couch." She holds a cup out to me and I sit up to take it. 

"Thank you," I murmur, sipping it. I continue to play with Christen's hair, afraid that she'll disappear if I let go. 

Carli glazes over her cup and smiles at me, "She's home. We've got her now, okay? You can calm down." I nod just thankful she's okay. I let out an exhausted sigh I've been holding in for days. I've been so stressed lately with my job and the girls and then Christen going completely MIA that I haven't gotten a chance to breathe. Now my Mally is allowed to talk to me and Alex isn't shutting me out and Christen is here I can finally relax a little bit. 

"You okay?" asks Carli raising her eyebrow and looking at me concerned. 

"Getting there," I smile softly and run my thumb over Chris's forehead. "I'm glad they're all safe and sound," I tell her referring to our kids.

Carli smiles down at Christen and then looks up at me, "My heart is still recovering from the trauma this one put it through." 

Christen shifts to cuddle into my leg. Without opening her eyes she mumbles, "M'sorry." She yawns and starts breathing softly again. 

Carli rubs her leg and looks up at me, "Jerremy took the others for breakfast and then to the grocery store because they have eaten almost your whole kitchen." She rolls her eyes, "Mallory needs to chill with all the Nutella."

I roll my eyes and gently move Christen off of me so I can get up. I slip my feet into my slippers and then stand up and stretch. "I'm going to go make her some french toast.

Carli asks, "Do you need help?"

Still asleep, Christen snuggles into Carli's leg. I roll my eyes teasingly. "I've got it covered," I assure her. She gives me a thankful smile. 

I shut the door softly and go to the kitchen. The morning is quiet without Alex and Julie fighting over the TV and Mal freaking out over who ate her Pop-Tarts. 

I find everything I need and set it on the table. I mix the eggs, milk, and cinnamon in a bowl. I dip the bread into the mixture and throw it in a pan. When it's done, I put it on a plate and start another one. After I get in a rhythm, Carli walks in. She sits on a stool and says, "Chris is in the shower."

"Does she seem okay?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing in concern.

My best friend sighs, resting her arm on the counter. "That girl's always worrying about something." It's true. Chris was always worried. Worried about her family. Worried about her friends. Worried about her play. The list was endless. "By Pressy standards? I'm not sure, but I hope we can make everything okay."