(29) Fish Fishy

-Next Morning-

"Mal you've fed him enough." laughs Christen coming out of the bathroom from her shower. "He's going to get too fat to float and he's going to die." Mallory snickers at the older forward and sprinkles a few more flakes into the bowl before turning around with a knowing smirk.

"Fat makes you float, dodo." sasses the teen putting her hand on her hip. Christen rolls her eyes and smiles.

"Your fish is going to turn out like a dodo and become extinct if you don't watch it." states Chris using her towel to dry her hair. "He doesn't need a buffet like you." The younger girl gasps and puts her hand up to her heart dramatically.

"I do not!" she argues. Christen shakes her head and continues to get ready while she pouts.

"Mally you probably should quit sulking and put on your clothes. I don't think your fuzzy pink slippers are going to do well out in the mud."

Mallory groans, "Alright."

Carli's POV

"JJ you look fine honey." I assure my twenty three old as she redoes her ponytail for the third time.

"No I don't!" she insist brushing her hair again. "Mom always gets the bumps out but I can't!" She huffs in frustration before throwing her brush down.

"Hey hey hey." I say softly. I pick it up and gently start to do it for her. "Let me try, alright?" I ask already started. "I know I'm not as good as Mom, but I'm not too bad." I manage to get it slicked back with only a little difficulty. I smile at her through the mirror and kiss her cheek. "Ready to go down stairs?"

"Yeah." she nods turning and kissing my cheek back. "Thank you Mama."

"No problem sweet girl." I take her hand and we head down stairs. I let her hand go once we enter the dining room, "If you leave this room without asking me I swear Julie Johnston you will regret it."

"Yes ma'am." she nods furiously. I hesitantly let her walk away from me. It's probably ridiculous I'm freaking out about her going ten feet away from me, but I've already either lost her or almost lost her twice in the past forty- eight hours and I'm not going to let it happen again. I make the two of us breakfast while she goes and gets our drinks. I meet her at the table and she smiles once she notices the pancakes on her plate.

"I thought you'd like these."

"Mhm! Thank you!" she quickly digs in making me laugh. I hear the door open so I look up to see who's coming in. Hope stumbles in the door looking exhausted. Her and Jerramy must have gotten busy again last night.

"Good morning princess." she greets groggily after getting herself a cup of coffee. She lazily pecks Julie's head before slumping into her seat. "Did you sleep good?"

"Yeah," she says muffled by the pancakes she's chewing. I lightly pop her thigh and raise my eyebrow. She swallows before replying, "I mean yes ma'am." I nod in approval, "Where's Papa?"

"He's still asleep." answers Hope wiping her face. "Baby can you do Mommy a huge favor?"

"What is it?" questions Julie looking at her skeptically.

"Can you go get me two pieces of toast and some eggs please?" mumbles Aitch holding her head in her hands.

I turn to Julie and say, "You go right there," I point to the tables of food, "and back. Got it?"

"Got it!" she flashes me her signature smile while jumping up to go do as Hope asked. We got lucky with her.

"I feel like someone is continuously punching me in the head."