(4) Explosions

Carli's POV

"Hey kiddo!" I say smiling as Julie walks over to us with her lunch in her hand. Hope pushes her chair back and pulls Julie on her lap making her laugh.

"Mom!" she giggles.

"What?" ask Hope innocently adjusting her so she's sideways facing me. "I just wanted to check on my baby."

"Mom I'm not a baby." says JJ trying to get up, but Hope wraps her arms around her waist to hold her still. "Mommy!" whines Jules.

"Oh cut that out." says Hope squeezing her in what I guess is a hug? I'm not really sure. It looks more like she's squeezing the breath out of her. "How does your head feel?"

"It still hurts and the stuff they numbed the cut with when they sewed me up is starting to wear off." she says laying back on Hope's shoulder.

"Can I check your stitches JJ? I didn't get a chance to see them earlier." I ask. I have total faith in our trainers, but they did just sew her up on the side of the pitch. They're really good with broken bones and torn ligaments, but I'm not so sure with busted heads. She nods and sits back up so I go around to Hope's other side. "Just tell me if it hurts baby." I say parting her hair in the back so I can see. "Love bug we have got to wash this hair of yours. This red does not go well with your blonde." I tease carefully tracing the stitches with my finger to see how tight they are. She didn't cut it straight down, but sort of in a horse shoe shape. They seemed to have done okay. They did them a little too far apart for my liking, but they look like they're holding.

"Did they...?" trails off Hope looking over Julie to me.

"Yeah they did alright." I shrug. "When you take your shower Jay don't do your hair, okay? You're going to have to let Mom or I do it. I don't want you to tear them, alright?"

"Okay Mama." she says moving her head away from me. She starts to bring her hand up to touch the stitches but I catch it.

"No Julie." I tell her putting back in front of her.  "Don't do that."

"Mama!" she huffs in frustration. Hope pops her thigh with her hand and glares at her.

"Julie Beth I told you earlier not to touch too." she says which in turn makes Julie roll her eyes. "Don't get an attitude with me missy. Just because you're hurt doesn't mean you won't get in trouble."

"Yes ma'am." she mumbles looking down. "I'm sorry for having an attitude."

"It's alright JB." says Hope hugging her and kissing her head again. Julie still continues to look down. I told you she can't stand making her mom mad. "Hey." whispers Hope trying to get her to look up. "I love you."

Julie grins and looks up to give her a kiss on the cheek, "I love you too." I smile at their moment while going back to my chair.

"Hey Jules?" I ask as she takes a bite of her food.

"Hmm?"

"You don't have plans tonight do you?" She shakes her head no. "Okay good because we're going to go do something."

"We are?" she ask almost choking on her chicken. Hope starts to laugh uncontrollably as she pats her back.

"I told you Car!"

"Shut up." I growl. "Yes JB, we're going out tonight. There's a frozen yogurt place not too far from here."

"It's a date!" smiles Julie happily continuing to eat. I smile back. See? Just mention food and I got her. Easy peasy. We all finish our lunch and have two hours before we head back out to the field for practice.

We're a FamilyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara