(31) Progress In Two Directions

Jerramy's POV

"Hey Sunshine!" I yell happily as she gets off the bus. She politely smiles at me and comes over to give me an awkward hug. Hope follows behind her and kisses my lips while putting her bag in my hands.

"Thanks babe." she winks taking Julie's hand and walking away. I chuckle and hurry behind them to the elevator. I climb on with them and Kelley slips on behind me. I notice her furiously messing with the waistband of her shorts and grunting. I raise my eyebrow and turn my head to meet Hope's equally concerned face. "Um Kell, are you alright there?"

"Yes!" she huffs still pulling on the strings. Hope and I snicker as we watch her struggle. "Ugh!" she exclaims annoyed. "Hopey fix it!" she whines dropping her hands dramatically to her sides. Hope chuckles and lets go of Ju's hand before stepping towards her and looking at the now rolled band of her shorts. "They kept coming up so I tied them really tight so they would stop moving, but now they won't come undone and it hurts!"

"Alright, alright." chuckles Aitch carefully helping her out. "There you go Squirrel. All fixed."

"Thank you!" beams Kelley before running out the doors.

"She's crazy." mumbles Hope under her breath. She grabs Julie's hand and drops her off at her room before continuing down to her own. "Honey, you're welcome to come with me but Car's going to be up here in a second."

"Why does that matter?" I question leaning into her from behind as she unlocks her door. I hear her breath hitch and I smirk. "I think you need a shower babe."

"Yeah but not with you." she smiles walking in and shutting the door in my face. I groan and spin around almost knocking someone over. I quickly put my arms out and catch the small girl. I set her on her feet and look down at her. Um who is this, who is this? Melody? Mell? Melisa? She's wearing team gear I should know her name.

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry." I apologize.

"Oh it's- it's fine." she stutters looking down at the small container in her hands. With a closer look I notice there's something moving in it.

"Hey what's that?" I ask kneeling down to see it better. She's quite a bit shorter than me and she looks very young compared to everyone else. "Is that a fish? He's very pretty. What's his name?"

She carefully holds the cup still and grins a little bit, "His name Bubbles. He's not mine though. He's JJ's. Mine is named Swimy and he's red." JJ as in Julie? Julie has a fish?

"Are you headed down to Jay's room now?"

"Yeah." she nods glancing up at me timidly.

"I was going down there too." I smile. "Can I come with you?" She nods staying quiet. "I'm Jerramy by the way, Hope's husband." I put my hand out for her to shake. She does with her littler hand and we continue our short walk to the end of the hall to JJ and Moe's room. I knock on the door for us since she's got her hands full and Julie opens it up. "Hey babs." I greet walking in. I kiss her forehead and then move to the side so the girl can come in too. "I didn't know you had a fish, honey."

"Mama's making me take it back." she mumbles examining it. "Thanks for bringing him down here Mal."

"No problem." beams the younger kid I now know as "Mal". Mal? Hmm what's that short for? There's no way that's her full name.

"Why is Car making you take him back baby?" I ask sitting down on her bed. She makes a face, but quickly shrugs it off.

"I didn't ask before I got him ." she explains lightly tapping his container to get him to move. "I have to return him after supper." She sadly sighs while carefully placing him on the desk. "Mally there's some Skittles in my bag if you want them. Just don't tell Chris where you got them from please."