(15) M&Ms

Julie's POV

I watch out the bus window sadly as the driver heads in the opposite direction of my Mom. I don't mean to sound like a brat because I am grateful Mama's staying with me, but I really wanted Mom to. Mom's always the one to take care of me when I don't feel well and I like her cuddles more. I let a big breath out of my nose and lean my head against the glass. 

"JJ, honey?" asks Mama pulling my hair back from face to behind my ear. I wait for her to say something else, but she never does. I glance over at her and see the nervous look on her face. Mommy why did you send me with her? After a few more seconds of us staring at each other I turn and look back out the window. My stomach starts to cramp so I shift my weight to my hip and bring my knees to my chest. "Love bug?" questions Mama again while putting her hand on my back. "What do you want me to do baby?" I groan and grit my teeth trying to keep myself from crying. "Baby I-"

"Just hold me!" I say before sucking in a deep breath. I should have gotten my prescription filled! If period pain is this bad I am never ever having kids! I'm sorry Zac, but baby we're just going to have to adopt or something because I don't think I'll be able to take it. Mama fumbles to get me in cradled in her lap. "Mama-" I breathe. "It hurts so bad!"

"I know Jules." she tries to soothe while bouncing me slightly. "Try to calm down for me kiddo. I'll get you something as soon as we make it to the hotel." I whimper and squeeze my eyes tightly together to hold back my tears. After what feels like forever, Mama finally carries me into the hotel and up to her and Mom's room. Mama gently lays me down on her bed before rushing over to her suitcase. She throws me a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. "Change into that while I go get a heating pad from Dawn. I'll be right back." Mama runs out leaving me by myself. I slowly get up and put on the clothes. I hang my dress over the desk chair and grab a gatorade out of the mini fridge. I think the cramps are over for now. I grab my phone and lay back on Mom's bed. I grab their remote and flip around before settling on an old episode of Grey's. Oh this is the one Mer and Derek get Zola! She's such a cute kid! I continue to happily watch the show for a few more minutes before Mama comes back in. "Oh hey baby girl." she says surprised. She puts the pad down on the desk and places the ice pack she also got in the little ice bucket. "You look a lot better than when I left you."

"Yeah I'm okay for right now." I tell her with a small grin. "Do you have any candy?" 

She lowers her head and raises one of her eyebrows, "Absolutely not."

"I know Mom has chocolate..." I mumble while scooting over so she can sit next to me. 

"How do you know that?" she questions while pulling the blankets from under me and then putting them over the both of us. She's sitting up with her back against the headboard so I move down to rest my head on her rib cage. "Did you snoop around in her stuff while I was gone? JB I thought she talked to you about that. You know better than to-"

"No!" I say loudly cutting her off. "I saw her eating Hershey Kisses earlier." I explain looking up at her. "Hey Mama?" 

"Yeah babe?" she responds while changing the channel.

"What was in that box you had?" I ask curiously. 

"What box?" she asks back still glued to the television. 

"The one that was in your bag. Mom told me to put it back."

"Oh that thing? Just something I ordered." she finally says after putting on the news. "What are your plans after recovery tomorrow baby?"

"Um I think Christen, Kelley, and I are going somewhere. I'm not sure yet though." I tell her while watching the weather. "It's going to be windy and wet. Wonderful."