(16) No Ice!

Carli's POV

"Car." I hear someone say while shaking me from my sleep. "Car come on. Recovery starts in half an hour." I grown, but slowly open my eyes to be matched with piercing blue ones.

"Morning Hoppers." I rasp out with a small smile. "Did you sleep good?"

"Julie woke up hurting twice." she sighs rubbing her face. "Once at two and once at six."

"Oh gosh." I say sitting up. "Where is she right now?" I asks looking around. Our bouncing little defender is missing.

"She's down in her and Morgan's room getting ready." answers  Hope sipping on her coffee. "Carls you've got to get up. We're going to be late." I groan but do as told. I throw on some training shorts and a shirt before throwing my warm ups over my shoulder. I slip on my Nike's before grabbing my phone and heading with her out and down the hall.

"How did JJ feel when she left this morning?" I asks while we wait for the elevator.

"She seemed alright, but she's tired. I hardly got her up for breakfast." says Hope.

"Breakfast?" I wonder stepping onto the lift as the doors open. I click the button labeled "L" before leaning against the back wall. "Why didn't you wake me up to?"

"You looked exhausted."  she explains looking down guiltily. "Shit Carli." she says suddenly looKing up and kicking the wall. "I got you coffee and a bagel, but I left it in the microwave."

"It's alright Hope." I say putting my hands on her shoulders. "Relax," I laugh, "It's fine. I was just messing with you Hopey." She smiles softly and shrugs me off.

"I still feel bad. We're about to go down here for at least two or more hours and you haven't gotten to eat yet." she says sighing. "Dawn's going to kill me. She told me to make sure you ate something when she caught Julie and I leaving this morning."

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her." I smirk winking. Hope rolls her eyes while walking into the lobby.

"We're supposed to go to the pool right?" she asks pulling her hair up in a pony tail. "I think they've got me set for a massage so I don't have to get wet."

"I'm ice bathing, like always." I smile putting my arm over her shoulder and walking the rest of the way with her.

"Mom!" squeals Julie after noticing us. "Guess what!"

"What?" playfully questions Hope catching her.

"Moe and I just beat Alex and Tobin in Monopoly Deal so they have to buy us ice cream!" beams JJ proudly. I chuckle and kiss her forehead. "Oh good morning Mama!"

"Good morning love bug." I grin. "Did you make plans for today yet?"

"Yeah I'm going with KO and Christen. Kelley has some friends that live here so we're going with her to visit." says Julie giving a little side hug. At least it's something.

"Okay kiddo." I nod and look over her head to Hope. "Are we still going with Cap, Becky, and them to explore?"

"Uh yeah. Pinoe, Syd, Alex, and Kling are coming too I think." she answers reading the white board with our assignments on it. "JJ, hun, you've got to ice with Mama." Julie audibly groans and hides her face in my shoulder pouting.

"Baby it's not that bad." I tell her rubbing her back.

"Yeah after like the first minute or two you're numb so you don't feel it anymore." resures Hope. I glare at her. That is not what she needs to be saying right now. Julie hates icing, hates it. She's been known to try to fake a cold so she doesn't has to get in.