(10) Pregame

JJ's POV

It's game day! It's beautiful and sunny!It is a little chilly so Mama is making me wear our long sleeved jersey which I don't really like, but it's not worth arguing over. She'll just win and make me run sprints or have me sit in time out when we get back. I smile happily as I look out of the bus window at Morgan and Jrue hugging and laughing. It's good to know they're okay. He really scared me last night with all his yelling. I pick up my training bag and try to find my water bottle. I know I drank one at practice the other day, but I always have an extra. I sigh frustratedly and dump my bag out on to the seat next to me. It's not in here! "Mom?" I yell over the noise of the bus. I turn all the way around in my seat and sit on my knees so I can try to see her in the very back. "Mom!"

"Huh?" she calls back looking around for me. I giggle and wave my hands so she can see. "What do you need baby girl?"

"Do you have some water?" I ask sitting back on my heals. "I swear I had a bottle yesterday, but now it's gone." I see her glance over at Mama before looking back at me.

"Ask your Mama." she says giving her a look.

"What?" ask Mama confused. Mom nods over at me so Mama looks at me confused, "What Julie?"

"Do you know what happened to my water? I'm literally about to die from thirst."

"You are not about to die." laughs Mom shaking her head. "Don't be so dramatic JB."

"Mooooooom." I whine pouting. "Please?"

"Julie Beth stop it." sternly says Mama eyeing me. "Turn around and hush. You can get something to drink when we get to the stadium." Mom shakes her head and rolls her eyes at her.

"Jay here." she says holding out a gatorade. "Drink this baby."I smirk at Mama as I walk down the aisle to them and take it from Mom.

"Hope stop babying her. She could've gone ten minutes without that." says Mama shaking her head disapprovingly. Mom glares at her and adjust my jacket for me.

"Leave us alone Carli. If you hadn't had taken hers after training she wouldn't be asking." says Mom spinning me around and starting to fix my ponytail. "Jules you're all crooked love bug."

"Ow Mom!" I yelp as she pulls out my hair tie roughly. "Stop!"

"You're too tender headed for all this hair." sighs Mom putting it back up.

"Why did you take my water Mama?" I ask trying to get away from Mom. "Mommy that hurts! Stoooop!"

"I was thirsty and you weren't here." simply says Mama starting to mess with my hair too. "Hope either do it right or let Amy do it."

"I got it Carli." huffs Mom elbowing her making me giggle. "Jay stay still please."

"Mommy what are you even doing?" I question trying to be still. My legs are starting to hurt and she's making me stand at a weird angle so she can see the top of my head.

"She's 'trying' to braid it Jules." says Mama steading me. "Hope you're going to-"

"Alright ladies find a seat so we can get going!" yells Jill from the front. "Hope! Llyod! Johnston! Sit!" Mom groans and quickly finishes my hair. "Hey who's missing?" she questions loudly. "We're one short!" I look around as I hurry back to my row.  Pinoe, Dunn, Amy, Sydney, Alex, Kelley, Pressy, Kling, Cap, HAO, Whit-

"JJ!" says Tobing from two rows up and across. "Where's Morgan?"

"Um," I stutter checking around me, "I don't know. She was outside with J-"

"Sorry Coach!" says Moe sprinting up the steps. "Momma I have everything! I'm fine! Just go with Daddy!" Everybody laughs as she yells off the bus toward Lauren who's standing on the curb yelling something back at her. "Momma!" huffs Moe annoyed. "Daddy please make her go!" I chuckle as I watch Jrue drag Cheney away from door and wrap her in a hug. Moe pouts as she sits down in the seat next to me. "She worries too much."