(25) Cinnabon

Julie's POV

"Hey Mal-Pal." I smile sitting down next to her with my dinner. "How was practice Little Bit?"

She looks up from her plate with a mouth full of pasta and grins, "Hi Jules!" She really is a mini Press. "It was good! It would have been better with you though."

"I'll be there tomorrow to kick your butt in the scrimmage." I playfully push her shoulder and she sticks her tongue out at me. "Is the spaghetti good or no?"

"It's not as good as when my mom makes it back home but it's not bad." she responds poking at her brussel sprouts. "These are what's gross." she stabs one with her fork. "Yuck."

"You only have four to eat. You can do it." I say eating one of my own. I actually like them. "Hey Christen!" I wave as she walks over and sits down across from Mallory and I.

"Hey Jules." she says putting her napkin in her lap. "Glad to see you decided to join us."

"Oh yeah." I laugh awkwardly and blush. "I'm sorry Pressy."

"Uh huh." she hums taking Mallory's pudding away from her. "You can have this when you eat everything else." Mal pouts but doesn't argue with her, she just stubbornly takes a bite of her roll. "Did you get suspended?"

I shake my head, "No; The coaches let Mom and Mama 'discipline' me, but I'm running extra before and after training until they feel like I've got all my running away ran out of me." She has to bite her lip to keep from laughing at the last part.

"Bean too?" asks Mal unsure.

"Yeah Moe too." I reply looking at her plate and shaking my head. "You're going to be on the list with us if you don't eat those brussel sprouts." I tell her semi sternly.

"She's right kiddo." agrees Pressy. "We were going to go on a Cinnabon date at the mall tonight, but since you won't eat your dinner I guess you're too full..."

Mallory's eyes get big with excitement and she smiles huge, "Really?"

"Yes Mally, really." smiles Christen. "But you've got finish so hurry up." Our youngest teammate starts to pick up her pace on her noodles making me laugh and actually have to tell her to slow down because if not she'll choke. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Probably just hanging out here." I say checking over my shoulder at my Mom and Mama, "They still aren't too happy with me."

"Oh I wonder why?" sarcastically remarks Chris giving me the "you're such an idiot" look.

"Shut up jerk." I say playfully glaring at her. "Will you bring me back Cinna Stix?"

"Yeah." she says popping the last bit of her food in her mouth. "Mal are you ready?" Mallory jumps up and puts her napkin on her plate to try to cover the last of her brussel sprouts but I spot her trick and catch the back of her shirt as she tries to run to the trash can.

"Uh uh uh missy." I scold giving her a look. "You finish those." Chris looks at me and her confused before checking her plate herself.

"Mallory." warns Christen. "Eat them now or we're not going to the mall and I'll just hang with Julie tonight."

"But Chrisy!" she whines. "They're gross!" Christen narrows her eyes at the younger girl so Mal gives in and shovels them down with a big gulp.

"Thank you Miss Mallory." I say smiling at her. She rolls her eyes and goes to throw away her trash. Christen waits for her to get out of ears reach and laughs.

"That kid has got an attitude."

-At the mall-

Christen's POV