(9) MoMo

Lauren's POV

Jrue and I walk hand and hand to Tobin's and A-rods' room. I know Moe needed to be gotten onto for her actions at the table,  but I still don't think it was necessary for him to go ahead and do that. He should have at least waited until dinner was over and then taken her up to our room where it would have been a lot more private than the restroom. I feel Jrue's lips on my temple as he knock on the door making me smile. He knows I'm a little upset at him and he's trying to get back on my good side. Even my husband knows not to mess with my "Momma Cheney" mode.

"Hey." softly says Carli opening the door for us. "She's not too happy Laur." I look around her and my heart breaks. Morgan's curled up on Amy's lap with her head in her neck. As I go to her I watch as Amy gently runs her fingers through Moe's brown hair trying to calm her down.

"MoMo?" I ask carefully taking her in my arms. As soon as her eyes meet mine she starts to tear up again. "C'mere baby girl." I sit down with her sideways in my lap and brush the hair from her face. I wipe her tears and kiss her forehead. "We'll talk about what happened at supper later alright?" I whisper in her ear so I don't draw any more attention to what Jrue did. I feel her nod so I look up at Tobin,"What's this about the girls not going to sleep?"

"Well," she starts, "they have been staying up way past their bedtimes. Carli's the one who brought this to my attention so she might know more."

"All I know is that they are both extremely tired at practice, hardly make it to breakfast on time, and are posting all over social media when their phones are supposed to be off." Carli explains glaring down at Julie. "Speaking of phones, yours belongs to me missy." JJ sighs, but puts hers in her Mama's open hand. Moe snickers at her making me swat the outside of her thigh.

"Not nice." I quietly scold. "Where's yours?" Now that I think about it I haven't seen Moe's since we got here and normally she is attached.

"Toby has it." she mumbles playing with my hands in her lap. I look up at Tobin confused and she just looks at Moe with her eyebrows raised.

"Why does Tobs have your phone baby?" I question sitting her up in my lap so she has to look at me. She continues to look down and mess with my fingers so I look up at Jrue for help.

"What?" he ask confused. I roll my eyes. Thanks for nothing. Tobin elbows him and nods over at Morgan to try to give him a clue. "Uh um. Listen to Lauren."

"She hung up on Tobin last night." says Amy. "She apologized though and they are fine so don't freak out on her Cheney. Let's just solve this sleeping issue these two little ones have."

I nod, "Alright, but Morgan Paige that is very disrespectful. If it happens again I'm going to take it and you will not get it back. Do you understand me?"

"Yes ma'am." she says messing with the hem of her shirt.

"JJ, honey, why don't you tell us what's been going in you guys' room?" suggest A-rod. Julie sits up on Hope's knees before beginning.

"Well Moe has a hard time falling asleep so she gets on her phone or turns the T.V. on. Sometimes she just rolls around all night. I tried to ask her what was wrong one time, but she just got mad. Now I just lay there until I know she's asleep so that I know she's okay." explains Julie nervously looking at Morgan. She is literally one of the sweetest people I know. If Moe would just lose this attitude she'd be up there too.

"Jules why didn't you tell someone?" ask Hope softly.

"I didn't want to embarrass her Mom."

I smile at her, "Thanks for being a good friend and staying up with her JJ, but kiddo that's something you need to tell. What if you two slept through your alarm one day and missed the bus because you were both so tired?"