(3) Realizations

Hope's POV

Finally we get dismissed so I pick up my water bottle and head to where Julie is. "Hope!" calls Christie as I pass her. I look up. "You got her?"

"Yeah. Go ahead." I smile. Christie normally checks on any injuries since she's the captain, but since JJ's got both Carli and I and since Reece, her youngest, is here she doesn't really need to come over. Cap doesn't do blood either. "Hey Reecie." I wave.

"Hi Aunt Hope!" she beams jumping around.

"C'mon Jumping Bean. You can play with Aunt Hope later." laughs Christie swinging her up on her hip. "Let's go see Aunt Ali."

"Yay! Aunt Ali!" cheers Reece. "Bye Aunt Hope!"

"Bye Reece!" I chuckle continuing to walk to the trainer's tent. Carli's already talking to Dawn so I go to check on JJ. She's laying down with a pillow and an ice pack under her head. "Hey baby." I say softly wiping the sweat off her forehead. "How you feeling?"

"My head hurts." she says with a pout. I can't help but crack a small smile at the face she makes. "Stop." she whines.

"Stop what?"

"Stop making fun of me." she says trying to stand up.

"I'm not baby." I say gently pushing her back down. "Don't move yet."

"But Mom!" she groans. I give her look which makes her stop.

"Julie, we have a few concerns with the concussion test we gave you so we're going to take you to the hospital to get you scanned." informs Dawn. "We've already called so they're waiting on us. It'll be quick."

"Can Mom and Mama come too?" ask Julie nervously.

"JJ, Mom and I need to go with the team." says Carli. "We'll see you when you get back. C'mon Hope we need to make the bus." Carli kisses Julie's head and then turns away and starts to walk to where her bag is.

"You'll be fine J-Bug." I say with a sad smile. I wish I could go, but Carli's right. "I love you." I give her a hug and quickly catch up to Carli before Julie gets the chance to change my mind. "I feel bad." I say picking up both Julie's and my bags.

"Hope," sighs Carli, "she's just getting a scan done. She's not having surgery. She'll be fine."

"But Carli she's scared." I explain.

"She's fine." she dismisses . I sigh as we climb on the bus and head to the back.

"H-Hope!" stutters someone as I walk past. I turn around and see Morgan. She's always been intimidated by me, but just about everyone is. "Is JJ okay?"

"Yes Moe. She's going with the trainer's to get a scan to make sure she doesn't have a concussion." Morgan nods so I keep going. I get to my spot and take a seat.

"Do you have an extra water?" ask Carli.

"Um I'm not sure." I mumble digging around in my bag. "Maybe Julie does."

"I'll buy her another one." she says already checking her bag. "Remind me to tell her I love her." she says pulling out a bottle and opening it. I roll my eyes and pull out my phone for the ride back. We get back and I take a quick shower before heading back down for lunch.

Carli's POV

Hope's mad. I can tell. I know she wanted to go with JJ, but she really needs to be here with everyone. When we got off the bus she headed straight for the elevator and I've learned from all my time with her it's better not to be in a small confined space with her when she's upset. Using my better judgement I decide to just go ahead and head down to lunch by taking the stairs. Julie doesn't really need us there does she? I know she asked for us, but she doesn't really need us right? Ugh. I suck at this whole "Mama" thing. I don't even think Jay likes me anymore! I'm the strict, mean one who puts grits on her plate instead of the roasted potatoes because I can't seem to listen to anything she tells me! Now I sent her to the hospital without any support because I'm too worried about losing my spot as Vice Captain. I am officially the worst "Mama" in the world. I remember the day she started calling me Mama. I told her she needed to eat her green beans and to stop playing with them. She got that cute little pouting look on her face and said "Yes Mama," and it stuck from there.