Chapter 2: Gourmet International French Culinary Academy

It was an hour trip to the academy and I sat beside Drew and Blake at the back of the bus.

“Come on bro! Show some life!” Drew said slapping Blake’s back.

“Ow.” Blake said.

“My brother’s always this silent. But once you get to know him, he’s the most crazy person you’d ever talk to.” Drew said when Blake suddenly nudge him in the tummy.

“Ow. Well, don’t be shy Blake.” Drew said hugging Blake.

“Go hug someone else. Not me.” Blake said smiling a bit.

Crazy brothers.

The bus was pulled to a stop at a big mansion. This must be it.

The university was big in the outside.

It looked like a mansion you know.

There was a gate before you go in the university. 

“Here’s your ID so you could get inside. You use this to tap the sensor beside the gate plus your fingerprint. Example.” A short haired woman who looks around in her thirties showed us the way to do it.

She tapped the ID on the sensor then after saying confirmed, you press your finger there.

The moment when the academy sends you an email saying you’re accepted, you have to go to their branched out offices in your country and have your fingerprint registered in the academy so there won’t be a kidnapping or whatsoever problem in the school, cool right?

We all did it and went in the academy. 

I left my things in the bus because we needed to be toured first in the academy.

If you wanted to stay at a dorm well, you have to pay and that’s expensive. Drew and Blake will be staying at the dorms though. Well, they must be rich. I was born in an average family and studying here costs a lot. My pocket money for the whole four years was earned from working in a cafe back in Taiwan. My mom had to pay for my sibling’s tuition in school plus mine. Note, I studied at a private school so yeah, that really costs a lot. I earned my own pocket money to let my family relax at some point so they won’t have to work triple times for me.

“Welcome freshmen to Gourmet International French Culinary Academy!” The principal, Mr. Dexter Sim announced. “I will be showing you your places for next week’s first day of classes, this way please.” He led the way.

“Your building will be this.” 

It was a white, long, building. It was big in width and height. 

The first floor is where announcements are being held and stuffs.

The second floor was where our classrooms are all held. All 8 sections and each section has 30 students. 

The third floor and fourth floor was a kitchen laboratory where we are grouped into four for activities and such.

The kitchen laboratory was the most fabulous place in the whole building. There was maybe about 10 ovens, 12 counters, 8 sinks, 10 stoves and everything was made out of metal!

The fifth floor is used for contests and such.

The sixth floor is where you will find your teachers during the free time.

The seventh floor is where you get your equipments for cooking like bowls, pans, plates, knives, scoopers, etc. It was like a janitor’s closet at first but when you open the lights, it’s like a library. It’s all place on a very ordered place and it has names for each kind. 

And lastly, the eighth floor, were the penthouse is located.

The penthouse was a garden and it has a fountain at the center. Lemon mints, lilies, roses, daisies, sunflowers, etc.

“This place is really cool!” Drew said.

“I know...It’s so fascinating.” Blake said.

After that, our books and materials were given. Five books, a notebook, a planner, uniform during lab activities, and a recipe book.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this chapter isn't that interesting.

But I hope you'll still read it because it's just at the start. :) 

I'll be posting the picture of Drew Patch as Jason Dolley! :>

lalala,

SmileyKari :)