Chapter 9: The Game

I sit with Aki and Reo as we watch the chairman introduce himself and Beans, to the remaining applicants. We of course couldn't care less because we already knew Gramps. Even with the tension in the air.
"We won't arrive to the next exam until morning. We have dinner already set up and you can also take this time to rest. Enjoy it."
"Hey Moriko do you want to come exploring with us?" Killua asks.
"Ya!" I say excitedly.
"Don't be long Moriko. You still need sleep otherwise you'll get cranky." Aki reminds me.
"Killua, you take care of Moriko. I wouldn't want to use my sword." Reo warns as he glares at Killua.
"I'll take care of her." Killua says but something in his voice was different. I furrow my eyebrows at the two as they have a stare off, then shrug. I didn't want to know.
"Lets go you guys." I say and run off with the two behind me.

OoO

I shake my head at the boys as they run out of the kitchen with food. I look at the chef apologetically.
"I'm so sorry Mr. I'll make sure they get punished." I apologize and bowed. He just hmphs and stomps back into his kitchen. I then quickly follow after Gon and Killua.
"I'm a Zoldyk. A family of assassins." I hear Killua say and I froze. That name sounds so familiar. Why? I've never heard of them before. My parents never spoke of them. So how come I've heard of that name? A image suddenly appears of a boy with black hair who looks at me kindly and that's when my head starts hurting again. I'm forgetting something important and what do the Zoldyks have to do with me.
"That's so cool Killua!" I say as I walk up behind them. He turns around in surprise. But he then goes back to talking and I just tune him out.
"O..Mor... Iko... Moriko!" Killua yells and I jump in surprise.
"What?" I ask trying not to glare.
"Its your turn." Killua says and this time it was me who was looking out the window. I start to play with my braid as I think of where to start.
"Killua, Gon, you can't tell anyone this ever. Promise?" I say without looking at them.
"Promise."
"There's not much to tell really. But you see Reo and Aki are not my actual brothers as you can tell. Their parents adopted me when I was ten. Gon already knows I'm adopted. But what no one else knows except for a select few, is that I have amnesia. I don't remember anything from before they found me. Its why I'm so close to them. And I have no idea if Moriko is my real name or not. The only thing I remember is running and my age. Thats it. And if I try to remember,it hurts my head to the point I can pass out. So see, my life isn't very interesting." I mutter and before I knew it I feel a certain presence. So as Gon and Killua turn toward where they thought the person would be, I turn towards the actual person.
"That's not nice Gramps." I mutter and he chuckles. I then go and climb on his back and ignore him as he talks to tje other two. He may be old but he's in good shape. I should know.
"Do you want to join as well?" Gramps asks.
"Join what?" I ask and I see them all sweat drop.
"We're going to play a game. If you can get the ball from me you will automatically pass the exams." Gramps says and I yawn.
"Sure but only for a little bit. Reo and Aki say that I need sleep. Or I get cranky." I say and yawn again. I hear Gramps swallow.
"I don't want to go through that." I hear him mutter and before I know it we are in a room standing before gramps. I let out another yawn. Damn I was getting tired. I lean against the wall as I watch Gon try for the ball. And failed. Gramps always loved to show off. He may be old but he's stronger then what normal people are. I yawn yet again.
"Let me try!" Killua yells and he replaces Gon. I face palm but continue watching.
Killua then starts to do a move that makes it seem as if there were more of him. My eyes widen at this as a image pops into my head. The image was blurry but something was familiar about it.
"Moriko, you going to try?" Killua yells and I blink.
"Oh, um. Sure." I yawn again and step towards gramps. I just stand still and look at him. My goal the ball. Though I'm not really going to try.
Then before he knows it I'm behind him.
"Your getting better. But I know your not even trying." Gramps taunt and I suddenly start getting angry.
"Its time to go to sleep." I yawn and gave up. I wish Gon and Killua good luck and walked out the door.
I start humming a tune in my head when I'm suddenly stopped.
"What's a little girl like you doing up so late?" A examinee asks and I blink at him. There were four total. But there was something different about them. They scared me. Then again I was tired so that didnt help. I rub my eyes.
"Sorry. I'm going to bed now. I just got done playing." I say childishly. And before I knew it I'm being thrown against a wall.
"Hey! What was that for?" I scream only to get hit later. My eyes widen as I start to figure out what was going on. Damn. I was at my weakest point. When I get tired or I start to I tend to be weaker then I already am.
"P-please leave me alone." I choke out just as someone kicks my stomach. I then cough up blood and close my eyes.
"Keep your eyes closed Moriko." A familiar voice orders and I listen.
"Who are you?" One of the men yelled in furry but I was slowly starting to fade. The last thing I remember is getting picked up.