2: The storm

Time skip to the storm

I pout in my corner away from Aki and Reo. The meanies. They told me that since I just ran off and ignored them I couldn't go and play in the rain. They know how much I love the rain and storms. Their evil I tell you. Evil!
So since I'm stuck doing nothing I look at both the sailors and the candidates for the Hunter exams. Tch. What a bunch of wimps.
There only seems to be three others besides me, Aki and Reo, who aren't getting sick. I look at the hamper to see a blonde boy reading, ignoring the others. There's Gon rolling around on a barrel. That looks fun. And then there's the old looking guy with glasses that are eating and just not caring.
"You six come with me!" The captain yells and we follow him. Oh, there was also a sailor who wasn't actually getting sick. I think I noticed him getting bullied earlier. He was clumsy and a toothpick. But at least he has the stomach to deal with this kind of thing. I smile.
Ha serves them right! Those big bullies!
"Introduce yourselves." He orders.
"I'm Moriko!" I blurt out before anyone can say anything else. I see Reo facepalm out of my peripheral vision and Aki sweatdrop.
"I'm Gon Freces." Gon.
"Kurapika." The blonde.
"Leorio." Glasses dude. Then Aki and Reo introduce themselves.
"Why do you want to be hunters?" The captain asks.
"Why should we tell you!?" Leorio yells.
"Orio, it's only polite," I say smirking.
"Its Mr. Leorio to you brat!" He screams at me. Aki and Reo both sweatdrop at this. They know exactly what I'm doing.
"Whatever you say, Orio," I whisper but he didn't hear me. Damn.
"For me, I would rather not share my reason. It's... Very personal." Kurapika says and I roll my eyes.
"I want to become a hunter because my dad was one! I want to know why it was so important to him that he even left behind his own son!" Gon yells and I look at him sadly. Who in their right mind would abandon their child? I shake my head and go back to smiling. But I had this nagging feeling that I should remember something.
"I have two reasons. One reason is personal but the other is that I want to travel to unknown and forbidden lands!" I say happily. I always wanted to adventure areas no one else could. Though my parents are bounty hunters, and my mother is also a Gourmet Hunter, though that doesn't matter right now. I always wanted to be a treasure hunter because they travel to different places all the time.
"I and my brother here only wish to become hunters so we can protect the ones we love." Aki and Reo say in unison as they look at me. I ignore them. I'm still mad at them.
"Why did you go and tell him that!" Leorio yells.
"It's no secret Orio," I say and shrug. I see his eye twitch. Even Kurapika is making fun of him. So as this was going on, I snuck out onto the deck and started twirling in the rain.
Those whimps on the lower deck shouldn't have decided to take the exams. They'd die. Then when I decide to tune back into what was happening, I see Gon jump over the edge.
"Gon!" I scream and my instincts take over and I jump after him. I grab Gone legs as he grabs the sailors.
"Gon, you idiot!" I hiss but smile. I then look up at Orio and Kurapika and smile. They give Gon a lecture as well as me as they pull us up.
"You idiot!" Reo yells and I get hit on the back of the head just as I get my feet back on deck.
"Owie! Reo, what was that for?" I yell and he glares.
"That's for not thinking and sneaking off when we told you not to!" Reo yells and storms off. I stick my tongue out at him.
"We were just worried about you Moriko. Be more careful okay?" Aki gives me a small smile and walks after his brother. I just look up at the sky and sigh.
They were no fun. Plus they deserved it.