chapter 8: Jumping

I glare at the carnivorous pig in front of me. He was being stubborn and I wanted to kill him painlessly. But he was making me very impatient.
"Fine. If you don't want to die painlessly, I'll just have to kill you normally. You stupid pig." I grumble and quickly get out my dagger, "now come here piggy piggy! I need you to make lunch." I sang. Neither of us moves and we just have a stare down.
"There you are Moriko hurry up!" I hear Killua yell and that is when the pig charged. I wait until it almost hits me before I jump up and over, throwing my dagger in the process and landing safely on the ground. I turn around to see thestupid pig lying in its own pool of blood. I grabbed a hoof and start dragging it.
"You need help?" Gon asks as I walk up to them. I smirk at how small their pigs were.
"Nope. I won't be using the skin anyways. So I'll just drag it back. How long were you guys watching me anyways?"
"Only for a minute. We noticed you having trouble and decided to see if you need help. How long were you trying to kill that pig?" Killua says his face starting to contort into a cat. I pout at him.
"I wasn't serious enough. Anyways he's way bigger than yours Killua. Of course its going to take me a little longer." I say and smirk as I watch him finally noticed.
"How did you find that one?!" Gon asks excitedly.
"I know a little about the animals here in this forest. My mom is also a Gourmet Hunter soooo, it was easy." I gloat.

Time Skip: Back to the cooking stations

I swing my pig up onto my cooking station and I start to get my ingredients. I look around me and sweat dropped. Only few people were actually taking this seriously. Morons. I then look over at Aki and Reo as they fought on what they should cook. I give a low chuckle. They were never good at cooking. Knowing them they will definitely fail. In both taste and look.
"Stupid idiots." I mutter as I see everyone start roasting the whole pig. I let out a sigh and started to work on my dish.
I got out a huge pan and started boiling my water. I then start to chop up my carrots, celery, potatoes,and onions before putting them aside. Next I start on the pig. Gutting and washing the meat before chopping it up and seasoning it. When that was all done I put everything in the pot and a lid over it to cook it.
"Why are you taking this so seriously?" The person next to me asks. I look up at a bald man with blue eyes, before smirking.
"Because its still the exams and knowing how to cook is a good skill to have. Especially if your on a mission were there are no resteraunts."
"Hahaha. I'm guessing you believe Gourmet Hunters are important. Your wrong kid. They can't do anything." The man says and I glare.  I feel my jaw clench as I try to hold in my anger.
"You don't know anything. You don't know what they have to go through to find rare and delicious foods. Exoctic foods at that. They know more hand to hand combat then you probably ever will. So before you go and say thing you have no idea about, think it through baldy." I hiss so lowly that only he could hear me.
"I'm not bald!" The man yells and grabs a knife.I smirk.
"Baldy. Baldy. Baldy. Oh, look your burning your pig! Have fun trying to fix it!" I mock and laughed as I watch him quickly remove the pig from the flame. I then check my stew and smiled.
"Now for a little seasoning." I mutter before putting in some seasoning and tasting it. My eyes widen at how delicious it tastes, "perfect." I then quickly put them in bowls and waited to go take them to the examiners.
"You call this food? You have got to be kidding me! Its the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted! And the presentation is horrible! Fail." Menchi yells while Buhara votes to pass him. I couldnt help but smirk as I watch the bald guy from before walking back angrily. I then take a huge breath before walking up to Menchi and Buhara with two large bowls.
"Today I made you both Pork stew. Its something my mother taught me but I seasoned it with my seasonings. I hope you enjoy it." I say as I place the bowls in front of them. Menchi looks at the stew in curiosity.
"The presentation is a lot better then most of these fools. You also decided to do something different. This might actually be worthy." Menchi says and starts to eat. Her face remains blank. Buhara gives me the pass but its Menchi I'm worried about.
"Gah! This is horrible! Fail!" Menchi screams at me and my eyes widen in disbelief. I look at the ground my hands clenching into fists. I know its good and yet I just failed. I was told by mom that I was even better then her and she's a three star hunter. In both bounty and gourmet.  I quickly turn around and stomp back to my area as I hear her scream in frustration. I want Reo. Where are they?
"Moriko." I hear Gon whisper but I ignore him. I needed to find Reo. But before I could even get to him I feel myself finally giving in to my emotions and falling onto my knees.  The tears starting to roll down my face. What Menchi said even if she didn't mean it, hurt. My mother has never lied and pork stew is my specialty besides sweets. So why? Was she so blinded by rage that she couldn't taste my food?
"You all fail!" I hear Menchi yell and the rest was jumbled. I couldn't see what was going on.
"Menchi, isn't it unfair to disqualify ever single applicant?" Someone asks and before I know it I feel someone pat my head. I finally look up to see an old man with a very long white beard and hair. The Hunter chairman. The guy who is in charge of the exams. Also a very good friend of the Uchiho clan, and my grandfather. I start to relax.
"Hi grandpa. Its been a long time." I whisper and give him a closed eye smile. He looks down at me and smiles.
"Its wonderful to see you too Moriko. Let me guess Menchi didn't like your cooking?" He asks knowing perfectly well how I was with my cooking. I just nod before I start crying again. He picks me up and I silently cry on his shoulder as he talks to Menchi.
"You will continue to be examiner. But this time for the retake you will join them in what you choose." Gramps says.
"Got it! We'll make boiled eggs. And since I see you've brought your airship, can you take us to split mountains?" Menchi asks.
"Why of course." He says,"Moriko, where's Reo? He's the only one out the the two that can stop your crying when its about your cooking."
"We got into a big fight and I told him I wasn't going to talk to him anymore. Waaaaaahhh! Gramps I want Reo!"
"Chairman, what's wrong with her?" I hear Menchi ask.
"Oh. I forgot to tell you. This Moriko Uchiho. Adopted daughter of the famous Gourmet chef Mei Uchiho. She takes criticism about her cooking very seriously."
"Sorry gramps. We'll take her off your hands." Aki says. I feel Aki's gentle hands try to pull me away from gramps. But I held on tighter.
"I don't want Aki! I want Reo! Reoreoreoreoreoreoreoreo." I scream.
"Damn. She's throwing a tantrum. Reo stop sulking and help me so we can finish this exam!" Aki yells. I hear someone sigh in frustration before someone yanks me away from Gramps.
"Stop being a baby Moriko." Reo whispers into my ear. If someone were to hear him they would think he was annoyed. But that isn't the case. I instantly calm down and cling to him.
"I'm sorry Reo! I don't wanna fight." I say into his shoulder. He chuckles lightly which is very rare for him.
"I'm sorry that I was telling you who you can be friends with."
"Its okay. Lets finish this." I whisper and I feel him nods as he sets me down. I quickly grab onto his sleeve as I wipe away the tears.

Time Skip to Split Mountain

Split Mountain is known for its huge split in the middle of the mountain. Just as its name suggests. Though that isn't the only thing its known for. It is also known for spider eagle eggs. Which happen to be my favorite. And now here I was standing about to get my own spider eagle egg all by myself. But because the eggs were hanging by webs in the canyon, they are known to be one of the hardest ingredients to obtain.
So I just watch as Menchi jumps into the canyon, grabbing onto a spider web and waiting. Then as if she knew it was coming she lets go, grabbing an egg as she falls. A second later she's back up at the top because she road the wind guiser back up.
"Now all I got do is boil it!" She says and I start jumping up and down.
"Aww. What the hell." I mutter before running and jumping. I let out a laugh as I fall and grab onto a spider web. I hear some cussing at the top but ignored it and concentrated on getting an egg. I close my eyes and waited. Then as if the wind was speaking to me itself, I let go of the web and fall yet again. Grabbing an egg as I did and before I knew it I was back at the top, just as everyone else jumps. I walk to the pot and put my egg in it.
"Yummy, yummy yummy yummy yummy." I sang as I titled my head bag and forth. This was gonna be delicious.