Year One

~Melanie's POV~

I woke up this morning; on a day that came way too fast. I stretch my arms out full length. I hit something with my left hand. "Hey watch it!" Ian jokes. I look over at him; the first thing i see are his blue eyes staring at me. "Morning beautiful."

"Morning." I say with a smile. "You know what today is right?"

He nods. "Are you excited?"

"Yeah, but i'm a little sad."

"Melanie, this day was bound to happen."

"Yeah but i didn't want it to come so soon!"

"Well, a year is not that long."

"It should be!"

"Here, why don't we go see if our little birthday boy is up."

"Ok." I sigh. We both get out of bed and walk to Noah's room. Ian opens the door lightly. We both peek our heads in and find Noah wide awake and standing in his crib; waiting for us. "Hi sweetie!" I say.

"Hi." He says.

"Happy birthday!" I say. He laughs as i pick him up.

"You made it bud, you're finally a year old." Ian says.

"Yeah." Noah says.

I start crying. "I'm sorry!"

"Why are you crying? This is supposed to be happy. Here, why don't you vlog this? So we can keep this memory."

"Ok, will you go get my camera, it's on my night stand." He goes to our room and comes back with my camera. He gives it to me and i press record. "So, today is a very special day in the Hecox household; yeah it's Noah's first birthday! Yaaaaay!"

"Yaaaaay!" Ian says from behind the camera.

Noah laughs at our celebration. I giggle at his cute laughter. I turn the camera on Ian. "Ian, how do you feel? Your baby boy is finally a year old."

"One down, 17 to go." He says.

I gasp. "Ian, you're mean!" I joke. "I don't want him moving out at 18."

"I'm sorry, once he's 18; he's out."

I turn the camera back on Noah and I. "Don't listen to daddy" i whisper to Noah. "He's a meanie, you can live with mommy for as long as you want." I kiss his cheek three times. I turn off the camera and bring noah to the kitchen.

"Holy crap it's already 11." Ian says.

"What? But we just woke up! My god we are lazy." I say. Daisy jumps off the couch and greets me. "Hi girl! She walks over to Ian; who had just put down a bowl of food for her.

"There you go Dais." He says.

I try and place him in the high chair, he barely fit. "Look, he's even getting big for the high chair!" I say with tears coming to my eyes.

"Mel, just extend tray out farther." He pulls a lever under the tray and it extend out so Noah is more comfortable. "stop freaking out. He's still the same little boy we brought into this world a year ago."

"I'm sorry, it's just, when they reach a year old they have to stop doing things they used to and it's hard for me.

"Like what?"

"Breastfeeding."

"That's one thing."

"I know, but even you have to admit my boobs have never looked this great. I mean i used to be a 34C and now i'm a 32D."